(13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (14) That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.—Galatians 3:13-14 (KJV)
Sickness, disease, poverty, lack, trouble in mind and home; as tough as it may be for some to admit, it is not God’s will for us to continue to live in some of the things that we are living in daily.
It is imperative that we understand and admit: we have been redeemed from the curse and everything that comes with it. That simply means that those things and many others, do not belong to a person who has made Jesus the Lord of their lives! He took all of it upon Himself so we do not have to bear them ourselves—He paid for it all!
We live in a society where we are told or led to believe that we have to live with the troubles of life but I beg to differ. Whatever ill or dis-ease you may face in this life, there is an answer for it and it is found in the Word of the living God and under the shed blood of Jesus our Savior! I am aware that this may be foreign to some, but please take the time to consider what I am saying and seek God with an open heart regarding it.
Throughout the scriptures it is made clear that after Adam’s sin, which resulted in the fall of mankind…sin was a debt that had to be paid. Jesus came to pay that debt and did so through the sacrifice of His life on the cross. Said another way: one man (Adam) sinned, thereby condemning all men to death…with a debt they could not pay. Another man (Jesus) died for that sin, thereby bringing freedom and life to every person that would receive it by faith! Mankind was once under an undeniable curse but not anymore…Jesus has set us free forever!
Therefore, we have been delivered from everything that comes under the curse—read Deuteronomy 28. Knowing this does not give us occasion to sit around and wait for things to change. Quite the contrary…we have to appropriate everything promised to us by faith. We have to “fight the good fight of faith” (1 Timothy 6:12).
Faith is a fight! Life, circumstances, and yes, the devil; will not simply lie down and play dead. You have to fight for everything that is yours—both natural and spiritual.
- You have to fight to have good health.
- You have to fight to have a good family life.
- You have to fight to keep your finances in order.
- You have to fight against the spiritual forces that come against you.
- You have to fight against your flesh controlling you.
- You have to fight against your past…nothing comes easily!
However, we do have help in our fight of faith…the shed blood of Jesus and our faith in it. He has redeemed us from the curse so that we can partake in the Blessing of God for our lives! We can shake off every shackle that has had us bound and never live under the effects of the curse again!
So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. – Galatians 5:1 (NLT)
©2015 Faith1st Ministries