I Choose to Live

Choose to LiveI call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may liveDeuteronomy 30:19

My friend, every day we make choices. We choose what clothing to wear. We choose what food to eat. We make plenty of choices daily—some good, some not so good. Now, it is time to make the right choice.

Now it is time to choose to believe God and His Word…regardless of the circumstances. If you are sick, make the choice to believe God heals; whether it is a headache, backache, toothache, or some dreadful disease…it is all the same to Him.

What is the alternative? Believing that it is God’s will for you to be sick, believing that you have to take whatever comes on you, or trusting in a health care system that is based upon profit and have no vested interest in you getting well? None of those work for me! I make the choice to believe…

I believe God.

I believe in God’s love for His children.

I believe God wants His children whole and well.

I choose to live the life God has for me!

Make the choice to receive His Healing for yourself and share His Healing with others.

©2014 Faith1st Ministries

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Healing, Inspirational, Trust, Word of Encouragement
15 comments on “I Choose to Live
  1. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Sebastian. I truly enjoyed reading this excellent post. This is great food for thought.

God blesses.

2. jsneese62 says:

I am disabled from birth defects in my spine, and my knees are in really bad shape from a car accident many years ago. I know God can heal me if that is His will to do so, however I have deepened my faith in God since pain has tried to take over my life, I have learned through His wisdom that wallowing around in misery only makes me feel worse, makes others to not want to be around me. So I laugh as much as possible, I try to encourage others that suffer daily as well, and so sometimes pain/illness can be a positive thing. That is something I never thought I would say because I have had pain flair ups that have reduced me to tears where I could barely move, and the smallest movements being torture. Those are times I learn the most and have learned to lean on God to get me through to the other side.I ask that His will be done and that is enough for me.

3. nopew says:

Sometimes it is not the healing God wants as much as the hope and faith we exhibit when others would whine and complain about troubles. I also teach that Jesus told us to visit the sick and some are too stubborn to obey. So God makes them sick and they visit the sick despite themselves! They are given a chance to bless and encourage the nurses and doctors and cleaning staff and kitchen people and security and… Indeed, do we choose to be miserable when we are miserable, or humbly glorify God? May we never let our saltiness be lost in our self-absorbed tears.
    Peace

Interesting…but I have a question. Is it really God who makes us sick?

• Sue C. says:

I had the same question, Sebastian.

Hi Sue, check out my reply above and stay with this conversation…I think it will be good. Blessings!

• nopew says:

Sometimes, yes. When we fail to follow our call God will do extraordinary things to get us there. Consider the blind man who was blind only so Jesus could show he had power to heal a man born blind, for example. I don’t say I understand it, just that it seems to be.
        Peace

Although I do disagree, I do see how some can see it that way. To me, it is a simple matter. It is very difficult to grasp that it is God who makes us sick just to heal us.

Sickness and disease is in the earth as a result of the curse of death due to the sin of Adam. However, God, through Jesus, has redeemed us from the curse. Therefore, I believe, we can receive our healing through faith just like we received our salvation.

• nopew says:

Yes, but Jesus did say the blind man was born that way to glorify God. The plagues of Egypt struck Hebrews also until God made a distinction. When the King sinned thousands of Israelites died by plague. These are some of the stories. It is easy to look at promises of wholeness. But the whole picture includes cases where God acts in the divine will beyond our simplicity. And what is our frame of reference? I worked in a community where people commonly died in their forties. For them health meant living to be 60, something our western experience takes for granted, and more. I do not say this as dogma, but as a limited human grasping at what the Bible says. God is easy to experience, but harder to understand.
        Peace

Yes, we are limited in our humanity, which is a fact. I believe because of our humanity, we often try to understand within the frame of the “thing created” asking or questioning the one who did the creating.
        This is where we must take a step back and see if the ‘acts’ of death and destruction we see are what God intended for His people. Anything we see prior to the cross is the experiences of unredeemed man with a Holy God.
        However, after the redemption price paid in the blood of Jesus, every person who will accept Jesus into their heart has Jesus living on the inside of them. For God to afflict them for any reason is to do that to Jesus and thereby to Himself.
        I will caution against judging the Word of God against our experiences. The price of death on the cross was payment for sin and every symptom of death—including sickness and disease. That is simple enough for me.
        I, like you, seek more and more wisdom but I do not think we have to make it harder than it is. We, who has received Jesus as Lord, have been redeemed. That does not mean we will not take our hits but with every one we can rightfully seek deliverance through faith.
        Blessings & Peace

• nopew says:

My Dear Brother, how I would love to sit and discuss with you face to face for hours. What a delight that would be! But I am stuck in blogland. I am a little weird I guess, because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, so I think the God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament, and I don’t make a distinction between times, for that limits God to our experience of linear time. We live in a time of knowing God’s salvation through Jesus, but I don’t think God acts differently now than at old times. God was, and is, a God of mercy, patience and great compassion. That is the experience I live with that affects how I read Scripture.
        Peace

4. Thank you for your post;it is very good. Please have a blessed night.

Senior Pastor/Equipping the Saints
    Philip 3:10, “That I May Know Him”