Faith is the reality of what we hope for, the proof of what we don’t see.—Hebrews 11:1 (Common English Bible)
No one marries to experience breakup, distress, love loss, pain, abuse, disappointment, distrust, violation, financial struggles and the like. However, many of us have experienced some of these things and more during our marriages.
A marriage should reflect God’s love for His people; but when you have imperfect beings at the helm, the results can be anything but godly. This is why we should make every effort to keep God and His Word at the center of our marital relationship; the only way to truly do this is by faith.
Faith takes what we desire, according to the Word, and bring it from the unseen in the seen realm. In other words, we can use the Truth of God’s Word to build the foundation for the type of marriage God says we can have.
Regardless of the past, like our sins, God is able to renew and rebuild troubled and broken marriages. Now, I am aware that some of you may not want your marriages rebuilt—then I am not talking to you. But for everyone who do, you can have it by faith—providing you both want it. So, let your faith in God be your ‘anchor’.Have Faith1st ©2013 Faith1st Ministries
- Marriage Monday: No More 50/50 (faith1stministries.com)
- Marriage Monday: It Takes Three (faith1stministries.com)
- What your marriage can do for your faith (marriagedevotion.com)
- Believing Truth is a Choice (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Westminster Confession Of Faith – Lord’s Day 40 (garyware.me)
- Sunday Sermon: The Importance of Faithfulness (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- Marriage Monday: Don’t Abandon Ship (faith1stministries.com)
- Anchored (poetscornerblog.wordpress.com)
- Marriage is Holy Ground (breathedeeply.org)