For the Spirit that God has given us does not make us timid; instead, his Spirit fills us with power, love, and self-control.—2 Timothy 1:7 (Good News Translation)
Fear gives power to death in our lives. I know that is a harsh statement but just stay with me one moment. Since the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden, death has reigned on mankind.
Death comes in many forms: whether it is the death of our physical bodies, the death of our health, the death of our marriages or family relationships, even the death of our financial well-being—death brings breakdown and decay into our lives.
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]—John 16:33 (Amplified)
It must be understood, because of sin in this world we will face challenges. However, God is not putting them on us and we must use our faith to see us through those times of difficulty in which we face. Jesus has faced and conquered death for us.
So, let us take a stand against everything standing against us and face life in faith in God’s goodness instead of fear of death.Have Faith1st ©2013 Faith1st Ministries
- We Have Work To Do – 2 Timothy 1:8-10 (themorningthirst.wordpress.com)
- Deliverance for the Tyrrany of Death (ilyston.wordpress.com)
- Face Down the Fear (johnnoble1.wordpress.com)
- Can fear cause death? (jamalryodan.wordpress.com)
- Ch.1-35 Death of Fear (julea-kinslayer.com)
- “I will put my trust in him.” (somerandomthoughtsfrombinoy.wordpress.com)