Someone once said that a marriage is made of two people giving 50% of themselves. Well, I would like to say that is close but it is not enough. A marriage is made of two people but that is where the similarities end. For a marriage to reach its full potential, it has to have both parties giving all of themselves…not just half.
If either of the parties are only giving half, where is the other half going? If I am only giving 50% to the marriage, I am putting unnecessary weight on my wife; which in turn stresses her out and creates a host of other issues within the marriage and family.
Let us do an evaluation of our participation and effort to the marriage relationship. Let’s take note of whether we are giving all or only part of ourselves. Our marriages deserve our very best every day.
Let us remember…No More 50/50.
Have Faith 1st
- Marriage Monday: It Takes Three (faith1stministries.com)
- 3 Intruders That May Be Destroying Your Marriage. (didihearyousay.wordpress.com)
- Are You Sabotaging Your Marriage Before It Even Begins? (blackchristiannews.com)
- Husbands, Love Your Wives… (southernreformation.wordpress.com)
- Marriage (bellsnringsaachigrp.wordpress.com)
- Keeping the Marriage Alive (christinemclean10.wordpress.com)
- Lack of Marriage Education is Contributing to High Divorce Rate in the US (prweb.com)