Marriage Monday – A Husband’s Love

I love_my_wife

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for itEphesians 5:25

A husband’s love for his wife should be:Playing on deck

• Primary…not secondary
  • Sacrificial…not forced
  • Given willingly and freely…not ‘earned’
  • Trusting…not jealous
  • Protective…not exposing
  • Godly…not worldly

Husbands, love your wives with all of your heart. Get into the Word of God to discover what ‘real‘ love is all about.

Prayer

Father, help us to show the expression of your love for us by showing us how to love our wives properly…thank you. Amen.

©2013 Faith1st Ministries

Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Marriage, Relationship Notes, Today's Word, Word of Encouragement, Word of Faith
12 comments on “Marriage Monday – A Husband’s Love
  1. Anonymous says:

Great post. Their would be a lot more happier marriages if we all took this to heart.

2. They are beautiful words Sebastian for your wife, I also shared today on someone’s blog, God’s Truth that you shared. As a woman who Loves God I seek to Love my husband unconditionally, I know I’m also to submit and respect him, this is True Love for God and my husband, is it always easy to Love my husband or for him me … was it easy on the cross for Jesus, we don’t make excuses not to Love, we obey God because we choose to and The Holy Spirit empowers us so we can, such is GOD’S LOVE FOR US …. IT’S AWESOME.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

3. nopew says:

Thank you for the call and lifting up the Bible as describing godly love, not domination as some sects perpetuate. Labour Day my wife and I went with our oldest daughter and family to the beach. We haven’t been “beached” for 3 years!
    Really like the photo you used!!
    Peace

4. roadtofertility says:

Excellent post! Love your blog!

Why thank you…I appreciate that. I want you to know that I’ve added Micah and Josiah to the Prayer Page on my blog for prayer. I believe God for their full development. We have a 25 year old son in the Air Force who was a Preemie at 26 weeks. He is now excelling at life…God is faithful!

• roadtofertility says:

Wow that means so much to me! Thank you for your prayers! The prayers of the righteous avails much and we are finally seeing some progress for Micah..praise God and continue to pray for my boys!! I’m also encouraged by your son..that is awesome!

You’re so welcome! We are Believers and have seen God do what man say could not be done. Be encouraged as we continue to pray for not only the boys but you and your husband as well! Keep me posted by email: faithfirstministry@gmail.com. Blessings to you!

Sebastian