When in Doubt…Seek The Lord

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Proverbs 3:6 (KJV)

Have you ever felt like you did not know what to do or which way to go? I’m sure that you have felt that way at one time or another during the course of your life…I know I have. The question is not whether we have ever been in that position as much as it is: what did we do when facing the uncertainties of life?

• Did we seek God’s face for His will for our lives?
  • Did we ask for God’s guidance?
  • Do we trust the Lord’s wisdom over our own?

Those are very important questions for any and all Christians. In order to serve God properly and to be an example to other believers and non-believers as well, we absolutely must check ourselves and our motives.

It is the will of God that His people live in a state of whole-life prosperity but we absolutely must do it His way and not our own. Yes, God has a way and unless we are seeking Him for His will, we will definitely miss out on God’s best for us!

6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.Isaiah 55:6-8 (KJV)

What are you seeking? A job or career, a spouse or help for your marriage, peace of mind, a ministry? Well, God is interested in you having the best in everything but you cannot overlook allowing His will be yours both now and always.

Therefore, do you lack clarity? Are you confused? Seek God’s will in everything you do and follow the path He leads you in…He knows what’s best at all times in every circumstance.

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Today's Word
17 comments on “When in Doubt…Seek The Lord
  1. nopew says:

I like what you teach here, as over the years this has been one of two questions I am asked most. (The other is, do I believe in eternal life – easy Yes.) I did write a post about this which I believe reinforces your teaching (in a different style [http://viewoutsidethepew.com/2012/07/29/when-god-doesnt-answer/]). I apologize if that seems self-advancing; I truly say there what I would comment here anyway.
    Peace

No problem my brother! Thank you for you responses, which does help bring fire and clarity. Many times, my responses to posts are not very lengthy due to time available. So, quality input is appreciated…thank you again! I will check your post out.

Blessings!

2. Carole in The UK says:

Amen,
    God will bless and anoint all our endeavours when we seek Him FIRST!!

3. Amen!! I also LOVE Col. 3:2…keeping our focus on Him and Him alone!! 🙂 Thank you so much Brother Sebastian for another thoughtful and insightful encouragement!! It so helps me to keep my focus on His will and not my own. Amen…and amen!!

Have a wonderful week in the Lord,
    k

4. wonderful… I have realized that I have lost my joy. I have returned to the scripture in Nehamiah and have begun to ask the Lord for a clean heart and to renew a right spirit within me and most of to restore the joy of my salvation. Thank you for your ministry and this post, DAF

You’re welcome DAF! Continue to do as you said but I would like you to add one more thing. For the next seven days, as often as you feel the need, begin to say: “the joy of the Lord is my strength…I have the joy of the Lord!” Then just laugh or shout and watch the joy return along with renewed strength and vigor.

Keep me posted…Blessings!

5. So good! And it’s more important than most people realize, because being in God’s perfect will is the SAFEST place to be as well. We don’t have to be afraid of anything — no matter what — when we are following His instructions and His plan for our lives.

6. kristiann1 says:

Reblogged this on and commented:
    Amen! Jesus is the Only Way, The Truth and The Life!

7. Jim Kane says:

Well said my brother! I needed this today.