Advancing the Kingdom of God

Advancing the Kingdom Pic…but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”Luke 4:43 (NKJV)

Do you believe that Jesus came to reconcile us to God? If you do, then you should believe that with that reconciliation come peace, love, healing, prosperity, and such—otherwise, what’s the point? If God only wanted us to go to heaven, then He should save us and take us. But He doesn’t do that, He leaves us here for a purpose. What purpose, you ask? I believe it is to be examples of His love, grace, mercy, and power. I believe it is to break the power of Satan here on earth by advancing the Kingdom onto the enemy’s territory and staking a flag signifying that this is now under the rule of God.

Now, I know you may be scratching your head and wondering what I am talking about because it seems so far from what you and I experience on a daily basis and maybe even hear in church. But do not judge God or His Word by our experiences. Regardless of how good or not so good your life is or may have been does not verify or diminish the power of the Kingdom of God one bit.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.Genesis 1:26

From the beginning, God gave man authority over this earth and man gave his authority over to satan. But Jesus submitted to deaths demand for the sin penalty, and took that authority back once and for all; and after gaining victory, Jesus said, “…All power is given unto me in heaven and in earthMatthew 28:18. Then He turned around and gave it (His power) over to everyone who would receive Him as Lord and Savior. This is important to note because many Believers are trapped in this vicious cycle where they either don’t know or believe they have power over many of the circumstances we face—please note, I did not say over people.

Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.Job 22:28

As Believers, we have more power than we know of. We, through the power of God, can and should ‘take’ authority over the things that have had authority over us—God expects that of us. It is not enough for us to just pray and wait; we must “decree” or state what we want to come to pass according to the promises of God in His Word.

My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do.Isaiah 55:11 (God’s Word Translation)

Believers must have faith in the Word of God and know that it has enough power to bring itself to pass. It Is His will that we spend enough time in The Word to understand our position of God-given authority in this world and the victory that we have through the shed blood of Jesus. God told Joshua to “meditate therein day and night” to prosper and succeed (Joshua 1:8). This is the way to advance the Kingdom in this world; get a grasp on the Word through time spent in it and to allow it to guide you by the Spirit of God.

…The word is very close to you. It’s in your mouth and in your heart, waiting for you to do it.Deuteronomy 30:14 (Common English Bible)

We absolutely can see our world changed when we turn to the Word, believe it, then speak and do what it says by way of daily practice. God promised that His Word will do what it was sent to do. But it cannot do anything apart from us because we are the ones He gave His Word to. God’s Word in our hearts and in our mouths is the catalyst necessary to see the Kingdom of God reality come into our world.

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Kingdom of God, Today's Word
8 comments on “Advancing the Kingdom of God
  1. golgothawitness.wordpress.com says:

I agree with this, and express similar sentiments in my own blog. If you liked this one from faith1stministries, then you will like this: http://golgothawitness.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/journalling-on-galatians-1-3-the-church-and-the-law-and-stuff/

Hello Cameron! Thank you for checking in and commenting on this post. I enjoyed your journal ‘thoughts’ on your blog. Keep posting truth, somebody will get it…promise. Check back as you are able. Thanks again.

Blessings to you!

2. Thank you Brother Sebastian!! Such great encouragement!!

We do at times feel as if we are just “treading water” on this earth waiting for heaven. Literally my sweet husband just spoke of staking a flag poll on our property with the flags that he treasured…American, state, branch of military he served and most importantly Christian. Such a good word picture of your article. We must stake the flag for Christ and stand firm on the Word. Amen!!

Thank you again for such sweet and thoughtful encouragement!!
    Amen!!
    Keep serving and sharing the Word…we are listening and the Lord is teaching us. 🙂
    k

You’re welcome K! Thank you for your encouragement to me as well! You, and the many readers like you, are the reason the Lord has me here…and I do not take it lightly. So, thank you again for listening and allowing the Lord to teach you, for He is teaching me as well! Blessings to you and your family!

3. Naphtali says:

Pastor, this is so informative. One of the most difficult things for me is adding my faith completely in one area that seems so easy to do. But then there are those areas that seem to fall off the cliff of faith when they shouldn’t! God has tested me in many areas, and I know he is the same God who gives us health, abundance, freedom, protection…..how can I move it from one place to another?

First of all, do not be so hard on yourself. We all have areas that we are stronger in than others–me included. However, I applaud your willingness to seek to move forward.

I would like to recommend that you pick any area that you would like to increase your faith in and begin to research any scripture passages related to it. Read, mull over and speak those verses daily–several times a day–until faith for that thing grows in your heart.

It is necessary that you plant the word into your heart like a seed and water it through prayer and praise. Like any natural seed, it will grow.

I hope this help! Keep checking back; I plan on writing a post in response to your request. Hope you don’t mind. Blessings to you!

• Naphtali says:

Thank you Sebastian and you are right that sometimes I am too hard on myself! It would be nice to have the ability to move the strong faith from one area and move it! And yes please write about this. I believe many could use a good word about it. God Bless!

You’re welcome! We will work on that and you will find yourself operating in faith like you have never dreamed. May the blessing of the Lord increase you more and more!