The Importance of Faith

Faith MattersBut without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

Faith, for a Christian, is a firm persuasion, conviction, or trust in another.

Anyone who has read more than two or three of my posts on this blog knows that I teach to have faith and trust in the Lord. This is important to note because it is the very foundation from which I write. I believe that our faith or trust in God and Jesus should not stop with praying the Sinner’s Prayer…our faith is why we are called Believers.

Faith, and the need for it, should be Christianity 101 for every Believer. How can one say they are a devoted follower of Christ and not know that God requires us to walk by and live a life of faith? To live for and serve God, there must be a desire to please him and it takes faith to accomplish that. Now someone may say, ‘I don’t have any faith’…I have an answer for them. YES you do!!!!!

We all have faith—the Bible says we do! Romans 12:3 tell us that God has “dealt to every man the measure of faith.” We exercise our ability to have faith every day in many ways and we even talk about having faith in this or that. We will sit in a chair confident that it will hold us. We will take an umbrella with us because either it is cloudy or because someone on the TV says it will rain. Finally, we will accept a job and begin to work because someone promised to pay us. This is not hard to see because everyone with a job understands that they must work before getting paid…that’s one type of faith. However, it is important to note that if we can have faith in people and non-living objects, like chairs, surely we should have faith in God.

In the Bible, we have sixty-six books that describe God’s love for us and His willingness to show Himself strong on our behalf. So, it is our responsibility to exercise our faith in God fully every day without reservation, because He loves us and has given us the very best of Himself. We can do this by turning our full attention to the reading of God’s Word with the intent to hear, learn, and obey.

And Jesus replied to him, It is written, Man shall not live and be sustained by (on) bread alone but by every word and expression of God.Luke 4:4 (Amplified)

Our entire lives are tied to our faith in and faithfulness to the Spirit-breathed Word of the Living God! Therefore, it is imperative to understand that God has provided for us everything “that pertain unto life and godliness, through…exceeding great and precious promises; (2 Peter 1:3-4), and we must trust and have confidence in Him and His willingness to give us His best at all times and in every circumstance. So, my friend, do not make the mistake of stopping at the door of the goodness of God, and never fully enjoying all He has given us through faith in Him…have faith in God!

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, Faith, Today's Word, Word of Faith
16 comments on “The Importance of Faith
  1. Chukwunonye says:

Thank you. Your article has blessed me.

You’re welcome, I am pleased it blessed you! Blessings to you and yours!

• Chukwunonye says:

Thank you Sebastian. Similarly, Pastor Chris was teaching us on faith in the Rhapsody of Realities yesterday. And later that day I had to teach someone about growing their faith as well. Yesterday was just about faith. How wonderful! Your blog is a blessing to many.

You’re welcome! I believe the Lord is really emphasizing FAITH in these days! The systems of this world are collapsing all around us and it will take faith in our Lord and His Word to rise above it all! Thank you for your obedience to His promptings. Blessings!

2. It is True as you shared Sebastian and nopew, so why do people not believe in God’s Truth but Trust in their own agenda …This is what I believe ….God said it!… I believe it!….That settles it, but without His wisdom we cannot understand it , the flesh doesn’t, we only can when The Holy Spirit empowers us having asked for and received God’s wisdom.

I was wondering Sebastian if it would be ok to share some questions with you, they are not all that I have but like the rest they are worth pondering on, so I thought I would share them with you and others. They are based on something I often hear which is…. ” We will sin till we die but it’s ok because we are forgiven even if not said some believe this… why are they not Trusting in what God tells us.

It’s your choice Sebastian if you answer these questions, regardless I do appreciate very much that you always encourage me to share my faith.

1. If we are to reckon ourselves dead to sin, should we continue saying that we can and do sin when we are in Christ Jesus? ( Romans 6:11) as a man thinks in his heart, so he does! and God tells us no temptation will be greater than we can bear……..

2. If God asks us to be perfect as He is but not what the world thinks, do you think it’s impossible and if so does this mean that what He asks of us is not really attainable ? ( Matthew 5:48 ) (1 John 4:17-19 )

3. If it is our Sin Nature that causes us to sin by polluting our spirit and we put it to death by The Spirit, ( Romans 8:13 ) ( Galatians5 ) does this mean we can no longer sin as the Scriptures tell us in (1John3:9)

4. God asks us to walk as Jesus walked (1 John 2:4-6 ) and He walked in Love without sinning and when we are Born again of God’s seed or Nature, (1John3:9) and Jesus lives in us ? and He dose not choose to sin, so do we? (1Corinthians 2:16 )

5. If we ask for God’s wisdom as He asks us to do, ( Proverbs 4:7 ) because in the flesh we all lack it, we were not born with it, so we are to seek after it, do we then doubt that we or others have received it and if we do, are we saying that God does not do what He says and so we are calling Him a liar ?(James 1: 4-6)

My Mother has had a stroke Sebastian, I’m going to Sydney to see her, I leave tomorrow , I’m staying down there from two weeks to a month, I will be in touch when I get back, you will be in my thoughts and Prayers and I would value yours. I’m going to pray for all my Blogging friends on the plane to Sydney and on the return, however the Spirit leads.

Christian Love from both of us -Anne

Hello Anne! Please know that I have placed you and your family on our prayer list and are praying for your mother’s complete healing. May God bless and strengthen you and your family during this time.

I hope it is not a problem but I will try to respond to your questions via email. Blessings to you and yours!

• Thank you Sebastian for your compassion and prayers for my Mum, my family and myself, thankfully your prayers like others who cared were answered in God’s Loving will ,He knew Mum’s heart, she is with Him now and her suffering was limited, at 92 she was full of years some had been very hard for her towards the end.

As I shared on my Blog Sebastian, God assured me that Mum would come to heart repentance as He did with my Sister Julie, both times confirmation has been given, not as was expected with Mum but defiantly a wonderful answer.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

Anne, please accept my heartfelt condolences to and your entire family! I that God that you had you Mum as long as you did. I lost mine at seventeen.

She no doubt lived a long and full life and I certainly rejoice with you that she did come to heart repentance. Blessings to you and Ron, I look forward to the peace of God continuously abiding with you and your house!
        Blessings!

3. JC says:

Reblogged this on The Sound.

Hello JC! I just wanted to say thank you for re-blogging my post! I am honored that you liked my post on “” enough to re-blog it…It is an honor to have someone share what I’ve written with others and I appreciate it! May God’s blessings be yours! –Sebastian

4. nopew says:

Sad that some people have more faith in their five senses and the limited physical world than faith in the world beyond limits where we find the Creator of the physical world. I sense a problem there…
    Peace

5. JC says:

Hi Sebastian 🙂 This post is a great reminder.

People define faith in different ways, how do you define faith?

Whenever you get a chance take a look at this post and let me know what you think:

Blessings
    JC

Hi JC! I have read both the Now & When and the Nature vs. Nurture posts…which I enjoyed both very much. My definition of faith is simple, I believe faith is the spiritual element of our lives that connects us with the power of God.