God Can Use You

God Can Use You (Victory)“There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”John 6:9 (NLT)

We live in a world where being extraordinary is celebrated…in sports, in the home, at work, at school, and even in church. Everyone loves a celebrity! We love to see them, talk about them, be associated with them, and we even try to imitate them.

Have you ever tried to sing or dance like your favorite entertainer? Although not necessarily my favorite—I, like many of my generation, did my fair share of Elvis Presley impersonations. Many love to talk about who they have met…as if this makes us special also (someone I know calls this name-dropping).

However, when it comes to God—He’s not looking for the extraordinary or celebrity. It is being used by God that really makes us special. It is His Word and power working within us, when we obey Him, which moves us from being seemingly insignificant to making a difference in someone’s life. God wants us to yield ourselves to Him in full confidence of His love and power.

The Bible is full of people who dared to have faith in God against trying circumstances. In Hebrews chapter 11, starting with verse seven we see a whole list of people who had faith in God. None of whom, were of themselves special or extraordinary but the common thing among them was the willingness to trust God to aid them and see them through whatever they were facing. Is it easy? No, but it is surely worth it to allow the God of Heaven to express His Glory through our lives.

This is our biblical example of what many of us have witnessed in our lifetime. In a world where it seems everywhere you look; there is a celebrity or someone with extraordinary gifting. But just as well, there are people all around that God is using to touch lives and make a difference. Now, this may not be covered on the nightly news program but that little—or much—can be the difference between life and death for someone.

Therefore, don’t ever consider yourself small or insignificant…it is not your bigness that God is looking for…it is your willingness to love, share, give, help, pray, stand, and yes have faith in a God that can do the extraordinary!

Don’t drag your feet. Be like those who stay the course with committed faith and then get everything promised to them.Hebrews 6:12 (Message)

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, Today's Word
27 comments on “God Can Use You
  1. Amen…our ministry could be our trip to the grocery store!! I LOVE encouraging those throughout the day…where ever we go!! I am humbled by such sweet people and sweet opportunities, Thank you so much Sebastian.
    k

2. It’s amazing how the world can make you seem so small, this reminded me that God sees me as much bigger than I think I am 🙂 Thank you!

3. God is Good says:

Obedience changes lives!
    Obedience saves lives, heals lives, and gives people back their true identity in Christ!
    Our obedience pleases God …
    But most of all, what I have found in stepping out and stopping for the one before me, as I go, is that obedience opens up dialogue between myself and God; which in turn opens up your own God given destiny because, if He has your ear, He can start talking to you and loving on you and that transforms you and is amazing because God is Good!
    Bless you for giving people permission to do “the stuff” I trust your church becomes filled with Giants in the land, because you have given them permission to be all they are created to be.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words…I really appreciate them. It is my desire to fulfill my call to help others do the same…for there is no need for me without those God has called me to minister too. Blessings you and yours!

4. noordinaryjoy61 says:

This post really struck a chord with me! It’s truth is why I once chose the moniker “noordinaryjoy” :)!!

Thank you and welcome! There is nothing “ordinary” in following the Lord. Yet He is willing to use us for His Glory! When we connect with Him, there is unexplainable “joy” that cannot be fulfilled in any other way. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post. Blessings!

5. Shelly says:

We are so blessed that God chooses to use ordinary people to do extraordinary things. It is one way to know it could only be done by the grace of God. Thanks for the inspiring words today!

6. I so agree with this post. Of all bible celebrities in Hebrew 11,I use to wonder why the woman with an issue of blood not mentioned. I’ve been amazed at celebrities, but never quite got the thingy to imitate or the desire to be one. 🙂 I’m a big fan of Popeye The Sailor.

I just wanted to say that the woman was a celebrity to me, because she was very willing to be healed and she believed in just a touch of His garment. Of course, then that would make Jesus the biggest and best celebrity of ALL times in my heart. – Shelia

That’s a good one Shiela. I guess everyone who exercised extraordinary faith could not be listed. But she definitely is one to be admired for her faith. Of course, Jesus is our example of faith and obedience…where would we be without Him?

7. Thank you, this is lifting and edifying.

8. Thank you Sebastian, and yes what you said is True, it is not about having worldly Titles or popularity or is it Diplomas and Academic Degrees based on worldly wisdom, logic and reasoning but those who are dependant on our Abba Father as a Child and who Trust, Respect Him, are obedient. As His chosen vessels we will do His good works that He has prepared in advance for us to do and He will equip us to do them and motivate us when needed.

1 Corinthians 1: 25 – 31 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Being prepared as God’s vessels, we put our evil flesh to death which is what He asks us to by the empowering of The Holy Spirit as we choose to Turn from evil and do good. (Colossians3:4-6 – 2Corinthians 7:1- Romans 8:12-15)

2 Timothy 2:19-21 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, let every one that nameth the Name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the Master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.

Thank you for visiting us – Christian Love from both of us – Anne

9. Lori Lara says:

This is a great post, Sebastian. What a timely message. It’s easy to start setting our minds on pleasing the masses instead of pleasing God, even when we’re doing ministry. It can be tricky to distinguish between the two sometimes…

I pray things are well with you. Thanks for always writing the truth!

10. Shayn Roby says:

Reblogged this on shaynroby and commented:
    Shayn Roby’s Take: Many times it’s a simple willingness to be obedient to God that enables Him to work a miracle in our own lives and miracles in the lives of those that come into contact with us.

11. SHARAT BABU says:

Thank you so much for this spiritfilled Messages each time and is much strengthening my soul, i am Teaching to our people in India, we have much idolatry here, please pray for India. in Jesus Love, Evangelist Babu.

You’re welcome, it is my pleasure! I am praying for India and your ministry there. I believe the Lord will open the door for me to minister there soon. Continue to be strong in the Lord and to declare His Lordship over your country. Blessings! God save India!!!

12. Anonymous says:

So true, God looks at the heart. Praise God for that and for your words which keep me grounded. Blessings,

13. nopew says:

“Everything you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Col 3:17 GW). Everything, not just big things. Everyone, not just the famous. And the “least” are important in God’s way. You must be a “least” because you do such important things, my Brother in Christ!
    Peace

I’m extremely humbled by your comment! My heart’s desire is to be an example of God’s grace and mercy, and to live in a manner that pleases Him. Thank you for your heart to encourage our Father’s children!

Blessings to you as well my Brother!