Nothing Compares to God

Photo Credit: gnfaww.blogspot.com

Photo Credit: gnfaww.blogspot.com

With every bone in by body I will praise him: “LORD, who can compare with you? Who else rescues the helpless from the strong? Who else protects the helpless and poor from those who rob them?”Psalm 35:10 (New Living Translation)

Many are facing difficulties in their lives today. Whether it is due to natural disasters, terrorism, financial distress, sickness, or trouble at home…times can be tough. But in light of every hardship, trial, or tragedy we may hear of or even face ourselves…we must remember: God is always good and nothing can be compared to Him.

Do not ever feel that all is lost or that God has forsaken you…just because things are rocky right now. Regardless of how stormy the seas may be…hold on and trust in the Lord, He will bring you through. Don’t faint and don’t give up because He didn’t give up on us. Furthermore, He expressed overwhelming love on our behalf to give us victory. Read this…

31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?

37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. — Romans 8:31, 35, 37-39 (NLT)

Trust in Him to see you through and to bring you out. Your trouble pales in comparison to the Lord. Take a deep breath and tell your trouble, “God’s got this“. I believe we have reached a place where we really don’t have a choice but to trust in God’s Goodness and Love. He is waiting for us to give it all over to Him.

He has been so good to me and my family! I do not have the time or space to tell all He has done for us; but I can say, He has: saved us, healed us, protected us, fed us, sheltered us, loved us…and on, and on! Nothing can ever compare to the Lord!

Regardless of what you, I, or our families may be facing—it is not too big or hard for our Lord and cannot be compared to Him! The goodness of God is so vast, it will swallow up even the greatest difficulty. Give everything over to Him and allow His love to swallow it all up.

Father, when we are facing and even compassed with the storms of life, help us to remember to turn to you. You and you alone are our stronghold, healer, and deliverer. Thank you for ALWAYS being there for us! In Jesus’ Name…Amen.

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Today's Word, Trust, Word of Encouragement
30 comments on “Nothing Compares to God
  1. Shayn Roby says:

Reblogged this on shaynroby and commented:
    Jesus said, “Be still!” and the wind subsided.

2. Really amazing verses to go with this powerful message 🙂 Thank you so much, I feel like I get angry or sad over the silliest things, I really needed this today

3. Career, money, relationships; nothing compares to the promise of eternal life with Jesus. Growing in my relationship with Him is my utmost goal in this world.

Wow! Good, good word and Pastor I needed that encouragement this morning. Just being reminded that God is for me and that nothing can separate me!
    Love you Pastor

Thank you Pat! Yes, that is a reminder we all need daily. There is so much that comes after us, to derail us, that we need to be reminded that God is “more that the world against us.” Blessings and love to you today!

5. Thank you, Jesus is the Man !

6. Lori Lara says:

Thank you, brother! What a great word of confidence we can find only in The Lord.

7. nopew says:

And it is finding peace in Christ before things work out. It is keeping the faith when things aren’t working out. And it is deep satisfaction being a friend of Creator when things didn’t work out — like we expected/wanted. When nothing is more important than being in the presence of Jesus it has worked out.
    Peace, my brother in Christ

“And it is finding peace in Christ before things work out. It is keeping the faith when things aren’t working out.”

How true! Our faith cannot be based upon what He has done or is doing but in Who He is! Blessings!

8. Blessings Pastor,

Indeed! His love never fails, never gives us, never runs out on us. Hallelujah! He is such an awesome God, a God who wants to love us and delight in us for who we are. Praise God! I agree, I believe we have reached a time when Jesus is going to usher in a great awakening. Hope all is well with you and yours brother. Please pray for me if you will, I still haven’t found employment here in Ft Scott. I am praying ceaselessly. I have a family to take care of and it’s been really rough brother. Many blessings to you and yours.

My Brother, please know that things are working for good on your behalf, just look for the open door…it is there. The Lord plan for you to prosper. Yes, times have been tough for you but believe me, breakthrough is here for you! Believe in the Blessing!

9. Caddo-Jael says:

Such a great word for us! God bless you.

10. AMEN, AMEN &AMEN!! Thank you dear brother for such an encouraging post in a time when things in our world look really bleak.

You’re welcome Toni! It is time we raise our level of faith and belief in the power of God! Blessings!

• Hana says:

I agree (no surprise there! lol). One thing that has been on my mind is that I so long to hear “well done, good and fahtfiul servant” when I meet Jesus face to face someday. And he’s showing me that a lot of that will have to do with how I spent my time. It doesn’t mean I need to be a missionary in Africa or write some best-selling Christian book. It means I need to just do what he asks me to do on a daily basis with my family and anyone I come into contact with as I go about my daily life. It’s those little obediences that please him as much as the big ones.

Amen…I agree! Blessings!