Who is to Blame for This Mess?

cause-and-effect-analysis-with-dominos“He said unto them, an enemy hath done this…”—Matthew 13:28 (KJV)

Below is my response to a reader’s comment made to my post on “Being an Agent of Change”. As I began to make a simple reply, it just kept coming and I believe the Lord would have me to share it as a post with minor changes. So here goes…

I would like to comment on the “school prayer” issue. I believe that prayer being removed from the schools is the effect of spiritual decline and not the cause; surely it has contributed to further the decline.

What caused the removal of prayer from the schools? I believe it is the spiritual force of the enemy that is behind every wicked thing that is in the world today (the devil). We cannot blame it on a person or an entity (government). It is the devil–plain and simple! Now the question is: What are we (Believers) going to do about it?

We have to stop ‘blaming’ everyone and everything but the one who is truly responsible. He (the devil) uses everyone and everything at his disposal—including you and me. It is our responsibility to resist and bind him…to render him powerless in our lives. However, we cannot do that if we are looking to blame people. In the parable of the ‘tares’, it is said that “an enemy has done this.” So, let’s go after the enemy…starting with every ‘ungodly’ thing in us.

Father, please forgive us for everything that displeases you and remove all ungodliness from within us. Help us to be the light of the world, the salt of the earth, and the living example of a loving God Who doesn’t want anyone to perish!

In Jesus’ Name, thank you! Amen!

Click the logo below to listen to my audio podcast

FaithFirstLogoDark

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Believing, Change, Kingdom of God, Prayer, Today's Word
41 comments on “Who is to Blame for This Mess?
  1. Here is the story of a student that went ahead and prayed the Our Father at his commencement anyways!

2. Fredrick F. Nicholson says:

So true. Great repost.

3. Thanks for sharing something that truly reflects the reality of our times. We do need to resist evil and bring back faith in all our institutions. I believe prayer is essential to our young minds. If we raise a society who does not have a strong ground in religion, even what this world will be many years from now. Yes, the evil one is working his way even in some of our government officials. There are so many laws now that tries to take away our attention from faith.

You’re welcome and so right too. It is time for Believers to take a stand in the spirit-realm and declare the authority given to us by God against the spiritual forces that is controlling this world. We can do it! Blessings to you!

4. Sebastian says:

Excellent point and thank you for it! Blessings!

5. Many people in this world have a scarcity mentality. They believe that there is a shortage of everything so people need to work hard to get what they want and then horde what they have from those who would take it away. This scarcity mentality creates covetousness, resentment, bitterness, and strife—even war. The truth is that there is abundance in the universe!

6. Anonymous says:

I think kids have the right to pray, read the Bible and talk to fellow friends about their beliefs in school. School is such a big part of their lives. I know there are tons on different beliefs, and I think everyone has the right to talk about it everywhere! Thank you for this 🙂 We need to remember that Satan is the one who puts these thoughts and words into people mouths.

You’re welcome! It is important to be able to express one’s belief without fear. For one, it will go a long way towards the removal of ignorance. Thank you for your comment on this post!

7. Very good point, Brother Sebastian. And it applies to so much more than the school prayer issue (as you know). If we Christians were living the way we were supposed to live and praying the way we were supposed to pray, the evil wouldn’t be winning in any area. To point fingers at people used by the devil does virtually no good at all. To point the finger at ourselves until it brings genuine conviction is what will make the difference. Thank you for continuing to speak truth.

You’re so welcome! I agree with your point as well. Also, I would like to add that to point fingers at another in akin to being used by the devil because the scriptures declare that he is the “accuser of our brethren.”– Rev. 12:10

8. jaels says:

This is really good, well clarifying the truth that our enemy is satan–I so agree that he will and does use anything and everything as he seeks to steal, kill and destroy, including the people we love, respect and admire. It is hard to separate that out, sometimes, but I’m committed to getting it so deep within me that I will recognize more quickly: it’s not my neighbor, it’s the enemy using his/her voice. Thanks, and God bless you abundantly today.

Thank you for your response to this post! We absolutely must be aware of satan’s tricks so we don’t get caught in his traps. May God’s blessing be yours! –Sebastian

9. I send my children to a school that says a prayer to start the day, to give thanks at lunch and a prayer at the end of the day. It’s imperative that we stop at some point in our busy lives and say thanks to God. Children, especially children today, have to be taught.

You are so right! Teaching is so important for both children and adults. We as adults need to prepare our hearts to learn truth so we can teach those who are coming behind us. Blessings!

Reblogged this on Pat's Letters God Inspired and commented:
    Very good word,and we need to take heed! It’s time for us to get rid of the mess( break up that fallow ground) so that God can use us for his glory.

Thank you for commenting on and reblogging this post Pat! It is so important that we don’t miss the importance of the part we play in this world and God’s plan for it. Blessings to you Sis!

Amen!! Yes indeed Pastor this is a good needed message!! An I’m sharing as much as possible,Lord please help to stop blaming and to see the tricks of the enemy.
    Love you Pastor 😀

12. Amen!! I remember praying in school…public schools. I remember when it was taken out. It totally affected our country.

Thank you Brother Sebastian for drawing our minds to more than just blame…but to action!! AMEN!!

What can I do today? I love the National Day of prayer ministry. I can daily encourage prayer in my encounters each day. And I can unashamedly pray to my Father for grace and wisdom to step out and make a stand!!

Thank you again for such great encouragement in our walks with the Lord!! AMEN!!!
    k

13. Sammy says:

Well said Sebastian. I don’t remember when they took prayer out of schools (it wasn’t when I went to school) , I was a nice Jewish boy at the time but I can still remember putting my hand over my heart and pledging allegiance to our country followed by the Lord’s Prayer. or visa versa) Both were important to me although I didn’t understand its significance at the time.

Take food (life supply) away from a human and he will eventually die.

God bless you Sebastian may we all do our part to restore faith by changing the world where we find ourselves, today.

14. Debbie says:

Thank you for this! And God bless you and your ministry!

15. fgassette says:

AMEN!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

16. Reblogged this on 'I Am NOT Ashamed of the Gospel of Christ! and commented:
    Who is to Blame for This Mess?
    Great post!