Being an Agent of Change

Change the WorldThen if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)

It is with a heavy heart that I make this post, not only because of today’s tragedy—of which I sincerely pray for the peace and healing of those affected by it—but because of the apparent inability of the Church to make a difference—especially here in America.

I am well aware that some may take a position of offense because of my words, which is okay. It is not my intention to offend but to awaken to truth. Far too many Christians are fighting for ‘causes’ or are just waiting to get ‘out of here.’ Some would even dare say: “just let them all go to hell.” But don’t you realize dear Brother or Sister that God is counting on us to make a difference?

Where are the people who are taking a stand for God? Certainly I am aware there are many who are definitely taking a ‘stand’ for The Lord—this is not for them. Also, I’m not speaking against those fighting for a ‘cause’; but rather to those who understand that at the core of every ‘ill’ we face on Earth: poverty, sickness/disease, abortion, divorce, unnatural affections, gun violence, and yes, even terrorism; are all the work of demonic spirits that WE allow to have control here…we have been given authority over these things…this is our CAUSE. Please understand that we will never legislate morality or against idiocy.

On the other hand, we absolutely CAN see changes in our homes, neighborhoods, cities, states, and even our country—if we began to take God and His Word seriously and live out what it says. It is time for our Preachers to become ministers of righteousness rather than of sin. It is the Holy Ghost’s job to “convict the world of its sinful ways (John 16:8 NKJV)He knows how to do His job.

It is interesting that in the above verse that The Lord says that His people should “humble themselves…pray…turn from their wicked ways…”. It is hard to pray for the deliverance of others from a position of superiority and pride—which is self-righteousness! What’s more, how can we even point to someone else’s fault when we have sin in our lives?Why, then, do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the log in your own eye?”—Matthew 7:3 (Good News). There is so much junk going on among Believers that it is hard to tell us from the world.

But there is hope! We can make a difference in our world when we truly turn to God and allow Him, through the blood of Jesus, to make a difference in us! We turn away from those ungodly things in us and draw nearer to our Father and Lord. After that, we can and should seek the face of God for His delivering power to start within our homes and then allow His power and love to flow to everyone we come in contact with.

It is through the love of God that people’s lives are touched—not through our judgment! Stop sending people to hell, stop cowering in your homes and churches and go out a BE an Agent of Change! In the love of God, lay hands on the sick; declare an end to poverty, drugs, divorce, and violence of all types in your sphere of influence.

I’m well aware that this may seem different and even strange for some BUT this is the Gospel that Jesus preached and every one of us, who are BELIEVERS, has the ability to enforce change because HE is in us!

Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.1 John 4:4 (Amplified)

Friends, the victory is ours…so go out and BE the Church…go out and BE an Agent of Change!

Click the logo below to listen to my audio podcast

FaithFirstLogoDark

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Kingdom of God, Today's Word
22 comments on “Being an Agent of Change
  1. nelsonRN says:

oh wow.lovely post. keep em coming.
    and yes, i want yo be an agent for change.

2. coastalmom says:

AMEN!!!!
    I remember when we moved to the country so that my daughter… (going into fourth grade at the time) could be raised NOT in LA. She had attended an amazing Christian school up until that point and received a great education as well as her fist bite from the acting bug being in all of their plays… starting out playing Mary when she was four! (now in Hollywood… thanks a lot Christian school… just kidding! 😉 )
    Anywaaay, the first day she came home from attending a public school she looked very alarmed and said… “Mommy they DON’T pray before they eat lunch!” Ahhhh my poor baby…. If only!!! Ya know?

If parents and ‘the system’ would only realize the importance of a spirit-based educational foundation for our children. Without it, there is nothing to help ward off and defend against those things designed to destroy them.

3. The Editor says:

Thank you so very much for sharing this! So true, while many look to others to solve the issues we face in today’s times when in reality it is us that can fix them with the help of Jesus! And you are so very correct! These changes must take place in our homes, the communities in which we live and certainly we must find a way to put them back into our public schools.

Having studied a great deal about the changes I have seen in the 47 years of my life has certainly come to the conclusion that the demise of our society certainly has happened when prayer was removed from schools combined with discipline both in the schools as well as the home fronts. Exactly what our government has wanted was to take these things from us and to put them in their hands. Look at what we have now! A serious mess! But I know our God is bigger than all of this mess and will certainly provide us with the tools to prevail if we just hear the call and put ourselves into action.

You’re welcome and thank you for your response to this post! I would like to comment on the “school prayer” issue.

I believe that prayer being removed from the schools is the effect of spiritual decline and not the cause; surely it has contributed to further the decline.

What caused the removal of prayer from the schools? It is the spiritual force of the enemy that is behind every damnable thing that is in the world today.

We cannot blame it on a person or an entity (government). It is the devil–plain and simple! Now the question is: What are we (Believers) going to do about it?

We have to stop ‘blaming’ everyone and everything but the ‘one’ who is truly responsible. He uses everyone and everything at his disposal…whether that is you or me. Our responsibility is resist and bind him. However, we cannot do that if we are looking to blame people.

In the parable of the ‘tares’, it is said that “an enemy has done this.” So, let’s go after the enemy…starting with every ‘ungodly’ thing in us.

Thank you my brother for your comment, it stirred me to post this response. God bless!

4. jennyjos37 says:

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies…

5. davidlee45 says:

Amen! Thank you Brother for speaking the truth in love. By chance do you need another Minister who is on the same page? God Bless.

Minister David Webb

You’re welcome David! Thank you for your heart and willingness to serve. Contact me via email (faithfirstministry@gmail.com) to discuss this further. Bless you as well!

6. Thank you Dearest Brother!!

In my youth I had great desire to have a large impact for Christ. And maybe in some small way some of that existed….maybe. But now as time has moved on a bit, I see each opportunity of meeting people as the Lord’s appointed opportunity to encourage and love His people.

I am amazed even in living out in the country…outside a small town…the Lord has allowed me to serve in this way. I am in no way perfect. I too get hurried and my focus is on the “to do” list of life too! But I honestly see my ministry now to those I meet out in the towns and cities I go to and on the phone when I speak to people!! Yes…they are really people on the other end of the phone line. 🙂 Even those pesky “business” calls and sales calls we receive.

Yes sir…AMEN!! We can serve where ever the Lord allows us to serve. And yes…that scripture is amazing!! If we humble our hearts!!

Oh Lord, help us all to humble our heart and focus our service to You!!

Thank you Brother!! Thank you for pointing us back to the Master and His plan. He is in control!! Sometimes hard to believe in times like these.

Such an encouraging post!! AMEN again!!
    k 🙂

Thank you K and you’re welcome! Yes, our Lord has a plan and it is our responsibility to seek Him for our part. However, He has placed us among people in our daily walk who we are to show the love of God to daily. Bless you as you do this!

7. Sebastian – I love this post – especially the line – stop cowering in your homes and churches and go out and be the agent of change – it’s so true. With today’s tragedies and so many recent tragedies, more and more we are turning to within when we really must be declaring our love for God and his son Jesus and not be afraid and stop judging those who are different than us! I for one am inspired and I will be the agent of change because I, sir, am guilty of cowering in fear, I think we all are – Bless you for this post!

Thank you and you are so welcome! This is a message that I believe God is speaking to us today. If a difference is to be made, it has to start with Christ’s Believers showing the love He has shown us. Thank you for taking a stand and for your response to this post…Blessings to you!

8. Steph Ritter says:

Yes! Yes! Yes! As my young daughter lays here with me in fear of the events from today, I was able to read this post to her to help alleviate those fears. What a mighty God we serve!!! What a wonderful verse in John 4, especially for her. Thank you! Love the boldness, and yes, being an agent of change!!!

Hi and you’re welcome Steph! I am truly touched by your response to this post! It is my desire to make a difference with this blog and I am happy that it has for you. May the Blessing and Peace of our Lord be with you and your family! –Sebastian

9. Amen! We “are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.” (Matthew 5:13)

May we be the salt that Jesus said we are!