That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death—Philippians 3:10 (KJV)
One definition of the word resurrection is, a rising again, as from decay, disuse, etc.; revival.
During this time of year, much is said about the Resurrection of Christ and why we should honor it. But I would like to ask a question or maybe just present something for you to ponder. Is the power of the resurrected Savior in you? I only ask this because of the need for more victors (like Christ) instead of victims.
“…if Christ has not been raised from death, then we have nothing to preach and you have nothing to believe.”—1 Corinthians 15:14 (Good News Translation)
Jesus stood for everything God is for and against everything that God is against. He was crucified and buried—but He did not stay dead and in the grave—He got up and got out! This gives us the example that we can and should do likewise. When we are faced with circumstances in our life that “kills” us, we do not have to stay down for long, and we can get back up again through the resurrecting power of God.
“…your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”—1 Corinthians 2:5 (KJV)
Are you, like many, facing crisis in your finances, your marriage, or even your health? The message the Gospel presents is that we can overcome any circumstance, instead of it overcoming us! This should excite you because the resurrection of our Lord presents a picture of victory for all who will receive it. We do not have to be down and give in to the circumstances that seek to captivate us.
Just think about it, the resurrection and the power it represents, gives us hope for the present and the future. We are victorious now—not just in some future glory. We have the ability to rise and thrive. Is it easy? Probably not, but it is definitely worth the effort. Don’t just sit there waiting for something to happen, rise up with the power of Almighty God within you and force change in your life and the life of others who are influenced by you.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live—John 11:25 (KJV)
I don’t know about you but I am tired of mediocrity, because it’s dangerous. Being mediocre breeds an attitude of acceptance of less than God’s best for us…this attitude limits us and the impact we can have on those around us. We can do and be infinitely more than we have been and have a far greater impact than we have thus far. The resurrection has far-reaching effects, with it:
- We should not lose another one of our loved ones to violence or sickness and disease;
- We should not feel powerless and at the mercy of the current state of the economy;
- We should take control of our marriages and families…we don’t have to be a statistic;
- Our churches should not be listless, ineffective, and declining—or dying;
- We should ‘be’ that city on the hill—shining bright in every aspect of our lives.
We serve a BIG God who wants to do BIG things for us, in us, and through us! Now is the time to rise up and declare that we have the power of Christ within us and can do BIG things by our Lord working within us, and use it for His Glory!
- And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.—Matthew 10:1
- Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.—Luke 10:19
- But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.—Act 1:8
Let’s not just celebrate the resurrection—let’s be a living example of the resurrection!Have Faith1st ©2013 Faith1st Ministries Related articles
- Resurrection! (brakeman1.com)
- The Significance of the Resurrection – Jesus Arose Where He Died (darrellcreswell.wordpress.com)
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- The Resurrection Matters (hillsbiblechurch.org)
- Why the Resurrection Changes Everything (pjcockrell.wordpress.com)
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ (jlue.wordpress.com)
- John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. (calvinistview.com)
- What If There Is No Resurrection? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- The Necessity of our Lord’s Resurrection (graffitblog.wordpress.com)