God is Good

God is Good16 My dear brothers and sisters, don’t be fooled. 17 Every good present and every perfect gift comes from above, from the Father who made the sun, moon, and stars. The Father doesn’t change like the shifting shadows produced by the sun and the moon.—James 1:16-17 (God’s Word Translation)

My ministry is grounded in helping Believers strengthen their walk with God, and I mainly write with this in mind and purpose. Often, I hear people say that whatever they are ‘going through’ is the will of God and I beg to differ. What we often go through or experience, in my opinion, is not the Will of God but it is due to the sin that is in this world…God is good!

For I was born a sinner—
    yes, from the moment my mother conceived mePsalm 51:5 (New Living Translation)

David, in his pleading with God, puts it plainly. He understood where the problem lay…in sin. To say that God made you sick to teach you something, or He made you poor to keep you humble, is to go against everything the Word teaches. If this was true, then why try to get delivered…it is difficult to get delivered from anything we suppose God is the source of. In fact, it is wrong to expect God to take something away that He gave you! Please understand this; God is not the one who blesses and curses…God is good!

Some may even say: ‘I was born this way.’ That may well be true but that is not to say that God wanted you that way—whatever that way is. Sin is in this world and is the reason for every ungodly manifestation we experience in this life. However, we need the power of God to break free of it all and we can because God is good!

Remember, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above…”; God gave us His Son to bring us into right standing with Him, His Word to transform us into His image, and His Spirit to keep us and guide us into His Truth. With all this, how could He also be the source of every ill and discomfort we face? The answer is: He is not, because God is good!

30 As He said these things, many believed in Him [trusted, relied on, and adhered to Him].
31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples.
32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

John 8:30-32 (Amplified)

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Kingdom of God, The Gospel, Word of Encouragement
31 comments on “God is Good
  1. Rookienotes says:

I have to be the first: God is good…All the time!

2. Michael says:

”Often, I hear people say that whatever they are ‘going through’ is the will of God and I beg to differ.”……Jeri 29:11 says : “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

3. We love this 🙂 Thank you

4. Kim says:

You’ve been nominated for The Shine On Award. Please visit http://unwalled.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/the-shine-on-award/ ‎ for the information and the image……keep shining!…….Kim

Thank you so much for nominating me for this award…I am extremely appreciative and grateful for your thoughtfulness and kindness for this nomination! Because I dedicate my writing on this blog for the purpose of sharing the Gospel and strengthening Believers, I will post this award and thanks on my Awards Page. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart…God bless! –Sebastian

5. Great word brother thanks for posting… God bless you…

6. tk2012 says:

Good post. I agree with what Nopew stated as well. Sometimes too when we ask God to renew us and show us ourselves we might not like the answer, but it is for our good.

Thank you! Yes, with that said, if God were to just pull the blinders off so we can see the truth about us…it would make us run and hide. But His Love and Grace converts, and yes, corrects! Blessings

7. nopew says:

I agree. I also note that Hebrews 12:5-11 teaches that God disciplines us. Now that results from our sin, of course, but it also means that sometimes God acts to “purify” our soul. While God does it “for our good”, it also says “we don’t enjoy” it. So God wants the best for us, and that sometimes means straightening us out, with a hug or a poke or whatever. Because God cares. And when we declare “God is good” it means we take both the good and the correction humbly. That’s progress!

Thank you for your comment that adds to this post. As far as the passage you referenced…I believe it has more depth than we can see at first reading. God’s goodness is truly past our ability to discover in the natural. No reflection on you…just an observation that needed to be stated for all that my read this! Love you my brother and God bless!

• nopew says:

Naturally (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun) the Bible speaks deeply into our souls (Hebrews 4:12). Though we see Christ as through a foggy mirror, we catch glimpses, and that causes me to rejoice. And blessings for you, too, brother in Christ.

Thank you! That’s a good one! Believe me, I appreciate you and your input so much!

8. alwayzhis says:

Very good post and much needed. The simple truth of the Word, boldly said! I praise God for those brethren like yourself who continue in the Truth of the Word, without watering it down.
    Be blessed!
    Stephanie

9. Lori Lara says:

Sebastian, this message is so very important. Thanks for sharing it.

When my mom was first diagnosed with terminal brain cancer last October, someone told me if I had enough faith she’d be healed. It felt like an enormous burden, and since I was vulnerable to the words of others, I struggled immensely. I don’t remember the exact words you wrote to me, but I remember the impact you made on my heart. You helped demolish the burden and helped me see that my faith had nothing to do with whether God would heal my mom or not.

God has brought forth so much goodness since her diagnosis. Romans 8:28 is the prophetic verse my mom spoke over our family. We cling to God’s goodness as we grieve over losing her in January.

Thank you for sharing the wisdom and insight God gives to you. It makes a difference.

You’re welcome Lori! Although you and your family have experienced the pain of losing someone you love, you hit the nail on the head when you said that you all “cling to God’s goodness”, while going through it! There is none other who can bring you through the tough times of life like our Father can! May He continue to hold you in His loving arms and give you strength to endure the trials and tests of this life. May His best be yours! –Sebastian

10. Reblogged this on Sistersforchrist and commented:
    A must read!

11. Sheila says:

Thank you for this!!

12. Naphtali says:

Dear Sebastian! what a wonderful word! So many are blinded to the truth and we need to continue getting the word out that is the truth. God bless you!

13. Jessica Padgett says:

thank you for sending these to me. not sure if i ever told you 🙂 Keep us in your prayers please? Hope y’all are doing well, miss you guys!

You’re so welcome Jess! I appreciate you reading the posts and am happy they are speaking to you. I have posted you on our prayer list and believe God for victory in your situation…hold on to God! –Sebastian