I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior—1 Timothy 2:1-3 (New Living Translation)
The Catholic Church has a new spiritual leader, Pope Francis I. Now, in light of the above scripture and as faithful Christians, let us be mindful to fulfill our responsibility to pray for all, and specifically in this case, for this Pope. Let us pray that the Will of God be done in his life and that he will be led by the Holy Spirit of God as he leads.
Let us pray:
Father, we lift up Pope Francis I before you, for his health and guidance, as he takes up the mantle of leadership for the Catholic Church. We ask that you will lead, strengthen, and encourage him in this enormous task. We pray that he will forever trust and lean upon you for all that he need.
In Jesus’ Name we pray.
Have Faith1st ©2013 Faith1st Ministries
- The wait for a new pope begins (wgntv.com)
- Conclave 2013: The excitement builds! (gabblemac.wordpress.com)
- Smoke (whiskeyrae.wordpress.com)
- Watch: Electing a New Pope: Secrets of Conclave (abcnews.go.com)
- Seattle Catholics hope new pope brings change (king5.com)
- Catholics Ponder Church’s Future With New Pope (foxcharlotte.com)
- Vatican conclave: Cardinals pray for spiritual guidance before choosing new pope (thestar.com)