Aggressive Behavior

Take It BackAnd from the days of John the Baptist until the present time, the kingdom of heaven has endured violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize—a share in the heavenly kingdom is sought with most ardent zeal and intense exertion].—Matthew 11:12 (Amplified)

Aggressive: making an all-out effort to win or succeed; competitive; vigorously energetic, especially in the use of initiative and forcefulness; boldly assertive and forward;

Do you believe that Jesus came to reconcile, or bring us back in harmony with God? If you do, then you have to believe that with that reconciliation come peace, love, healing, prosperity and such—otherwise, what’s the point? If it was just to go to heaven, then He should save us and take us. But He doesn’t do that, He leaves us here for a purpose.

What’s the purpose, you ask? I believe it is to be examples of His love, grace, and power. I believe it is to break the power of Satan here on earth by advancing the Kingdom of God onto the enemy’s territory and staking a flag signifying that this is now under the rule of God.

We can, and should do this in every area of our lives…in the name of Jesus! We can seize and take control of everything of ours the enemy has had in his control—our health, homes, marriages, finances, churches, communities, and world.

Now that is Aggressive Behavior!

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Kingdom of God, Today's Word
30 comments on “Aggressive Behavior
  1. Sebastian, I just linked back here from my new poem Aggressive Love. Some are having a hard time understanding aggressive, hope you do not mind? Blessings James

2. benabu says:

That is true, and for us to take the kingdom we need to love more in the Church, it is lacking these days. we need to call each other up, visit and invite each other over for dinner. Love is the way to win souls, along with the help of Christ. “No one can come unto the father but by me” said Jesus.

• Anonymous says:

Amen! If we dont love others we gain nothing!

1 Corinthians 13

Amen to that! The Word tells us, with “love and kindness” were we drawn to Him; and also, it is love that will exemplify our discipleship. There is no way to operate in the Kingdom without love for “faith worketh by love.”

Thank you for adding to this post with this comment! May the Blessing of God be with you and your house!

3. Brother Sebastian, I agree whole heartily. The Bible says the adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Therefore, one has to be aggressive in staking out one’s position.

4. Naphtali says:

Sebastian, you just placed a whole new spin on being aggressive….excellent!

5. nopew says:

Well, you are making me think. The word aggressive has always had a negative connotation in my life circle. I have thought of our service to Christ as persistent with love, never giving up. Agrressive Christians have been thoughtless, self-centred, task-oriented and number-focussed. So I guess I agree with the kind of service you describe, but hesitant about claiming “aggressive” for The Way. Hm…

Surely, your assessment of typical Christian behavior is accurate for the most part. Just as we have been aggressive, what I call zealous, in many ways.

We have been very passive concerning those things we have been given power over and have given satan control when we should be.

Now is the time to take our place as Believers in Christ and to be “aggressive” in our determination to BE the people God gave us the power to be!

Blessings to you!

6. Sebastian,, I-Challenge You, beat me to the question asked.

I agree with what you have said and I give God glory that the church I attend has taught me how to be ‘aggressive’, it would be useful if your next post explained how to for those who are unaware.

I have found that some congregations are instructed from the pulpit on what they should be doing, but practical help is often lacking! Basically, I have found that some listeners want to know, how to apply God’s Word deeply and consistently to their lives in a balanced way that doesn’t go over into shallow ‘self-improvement’ messages that appear to be taking over in some pulpits.

Hello Carole! I shall do that, as I stated in my reply to I-Challenge You.

Yes, you are right about what is happening in many congregations. You see, preaching is for convincing the hearer and it is necessary to bring you to the reality of the Truth.

However, it takes teaching to open that Truth up to where the hearer will be able to understand it and use it for themselves!

As far as the “self-improvement messages”, what is often missed is these are really biblical concepts that the world has taken and used for “their” purposes; instead of the Body of Christ. It’s time for us to take back what was intended for us all along!

Blessings!

7. I agree Pastor Sebastian, but how…? What are some practical applications for taking control of our homes and marriages for example?

You’re so welcome, thank you for asking! I’m not going to get too deep here because of space…I am working on a series of posts to answer that more fully!

However, the practicality of what you are asking is simple but not easy at all and it requires commitment, dedication, and repetition.

Simply put, and you can apply this to any of the areas you mentioned and many others as well; we must apply the Word of God to our lives and trust it’s power and validity as much as we trust that if we stop breathing we will die!

God’s Word IS the breath we breathe and it will absolutely change everything we desire to be changed in our lives.
      Here goes:
      1. Find out what God’s Word has to say about your situation;
      2. Believe that Word as absolute Truth;
      3. Apply that Word to that situation through meditating and confessing that or those scriptures daily…as we would prescription medication;

Doing these things will help us get the Word on the inside of us and the Word on the inside of our spirit will condition us and drive out undesirable circumstances from our lives!

There will be more on this in upcoming posts!
      Blessings!

• Anonymous says:

Thank You so much Pastor Sebastian.

Those three simple steps you gave are awesome, and I have already put them into motion with a new challenge God has guided my wife and I into.

I am honestly not 100% comfortable with this new situation, but I really do believe in God’s promises for this type of obedience.

Im just taking my “prescription” so that it really sticks and so we both will not doubt God’s amazing power and faithfulness.

Hello and you’re welcome! I’m pleased that those steps resonate with you. It is so important to do what you have done by applying the principles to your life.

Remember this: If God has “guided” or directed you into a place, He will provide for you there and see you through every step. Just trust Him and speak only what you want to come to pass…according to the Word.

Don’t forget these verses:

20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. –Prov. 4:20-23

8. I personally believe that we are nearing end times. Mind you, I’m not trippin’; I’m ready to go as soon as Jesus is ready to take me! However, I do feel that the attacks of the enemy seem stronger and more intense. It makes me think the enemy might be stepping up his game because he knows the truth. He knows his fate. He knows his time is short and I wonder if he just might be in a bit of a panic.

I have to memorize and recite scripture aloud often. I truly believes it wards off the enemy.

I pray you’re doing well. May God continue to bless you and cause your ministry to prosper.

Love,
    Ava

Thank you Ava! I am well and I appreciate the Blessing! No, you’re not “trippin'”. He is probably trippin’ because of all the reasons you stated and more.

I am excited to live in this time because the greater the darkness, the effect of the LIGHT is all the more evident! Keep reading, memorizing, and reciting the Word…it’s worth cannot be overstated!!

Bless you and keep checking in!

Sebastian

9. Thank you! I’m starting to read your blog with my hubby as well 🙂 Very inspirational!

10. Aggressive Love! I have been just touch by that thought; If it is by your permission, may I take these words and turn it into a poem? Love you my brother! Thank-you for this blessing this day! With all prayers it shall return to you, Amen!

11. I couldn’t agree more, my brother. More grace.