My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. —1 John 4:7-8 (Message)
I am constantly surprised when I hear hate expressed from a Christian—either in word or deed. I am not surprised by anything a non-christian does because they do not propose to live by the dictates of the Bible—which is God’s written Word. But a professing Christian expressing hate toward another person, saved or not, is beyond belief!
My friends, if we behave like the world, what’s the difference? Any person on this earth should be able to look at a Believer and see a difference in their life and living. We have a responsibility to show the love and hope of God in our daily lives; this is the light that the world needs to see. Far too many people can tell you about God’s judgment and not enough about His love.
9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.—1 John 4:9-11 (NLT)
Since our very existence is predicated upon God’s love for us, it would be appropriate for us to replicate that love towards others because the alternative is not so pretty. The scripture declares: “Do not be fooled. You cannot fool God. A man will get back whatever he plants!”—Galatians 6:7 (NLV).
Therefore, let’s allow the love of God coming from us be what distinguishes us from the world-at-large.Have Faith1st ©2013 Faith1st Ministries
- God Loves… You! (spiceofyourlife.wordpress.com)
- Someone Loves You, God and Me, too! 1 John 4:7 – 13 [Basic Bible] | Bible Resources (spiceofyourlife.wordpress.com)
- a lover or a liar? (tietailor.wordpress.com)
- Knowing God Through Love (simplyjuliana.com)
- Jesus vs Religion (lifeofafemalebiblewarrior.wordpress.com)
- Believe God Loves You. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- It Is No Longer I (tenymardo.wordpress.com)
- The Divine Romance- a Diagram (lifeandbuilding.com)