I Would Rather Love Than Hate

Credit: worldprayrblog.org

Credit: worldprayrblog.org

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. 1 John 4:7-8 (Message)

I am constantly surprised when I hear hate expressed from a Christian—either in word or deed. I am not surprised by anything a non-christian does because they do not propose to live by the dictates of the Bible—which is God’s written Word. But a professing Christian expressing hate toward another person, saved or not, is beyond belief!

My friends, if we behave like the world, what’s the difference? Any person on this earth should be able to look at a Believer and see a difference in their life and living. We have a responsibility to show the love and hope of God in our daily lives; this is the light that the world needs to see. Far too many people can tell you about God’s judgment and not enough about His love.

God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.1 John 4:9-11 (NLT)

Since our very existence is predicated upon God’s love for us, it would be appropriate for us to replicate that love towards others because the alternative is not so pretty. The scripture declares:Do not be fooled. You cannot fool God. A man will get back whatever he plants!”—Galatians 6:7 (NLV).

Therefore, let’s allow the love of God coming from us be what distinguishes us from the world-at-large.

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Kingdom of God, Love, Today's Word, Word of Encouragement
20 comments on “I Would Rather Love Than Hate
  1. Very convicting – I know what God is teaching me.

Thank you. Interested…do you care to share?

• Well, to try and keep a long story short, I am an adult child of an alcoholic (it has taken me years to admit that), and through the years I not only ran away from it I hid my emotions. As you know it bubbles up and erupts in other ways, mine became anger, bitterness and eventually hatred, turning my good nature into something negative and away from God. I was so judgmental. Well, you know the rest of the story, God did not give up on me and He rescued me through His Son Jesus and I am a new creation. Now I feel as I am overflowing with love, like I am making up for lost time.and I praise Him every time I read or hear about love, which it looks like 2013 may be my theme for the year. I am now reading God Loves You, He Always Has and He Always Will by David Jeremiah, we actually heard him preach from the book in Hershey PA in Nov – what a man of God. Anyway, thank you for being my reminder of Gods love for us and for how important it is for us to show His love to the world.

You’re welcome and thanks for sharing! It is the love of God that holds this universe together. I know He holds it all by the “word of His power.” But, I believe, He spoke every word in love and we should do likewise. I’m happy you responded to love! Blessings to you!

• You are so right, to reflect Jesus, we should reflect His love.

It is my determination to be an example of light by being an example of His love!

• You are indeed an example of His love!

Thank you for your kindness! Blessings to you!

2. Planting Potatoes says:

well put Sebastian! such convicting words…..God bless!

3. This is so, so true. One of the things I’ve hated about all the political strife is what I’ve allowed it to do to me. Suddenly I’m this person that sometimes I don’t like very much. Just another reason to keep your eye firmly on God.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on this post…I appreciate it! One of the sure-fire tools of the enemy is strife. It is something that we as Believers need to keep ourselves free from. It is so easy to allow the affairs of this world to affect us and to turn us away from the things that separate us from unbelievers. God has given us the power of love to free us from the spirit of strife.

I appreciate your openness in your comment because so many will not admit they are in the same position and will even defend their “right” to “feel” the way they do. This is the time for Believers to turn our sight inward on ourselves…rather to point fingers at others! Thank you again and Blessings to you and yours!

4. Freedomborn says:

Thank you Sebastian, we Love God and others because He first Loved us, your message had much Truth and is indeed one of the most important messages we can hear but it is in knowing Love in our heart and living it that we have real freedom.

So easy to Love Sebastian when all is well and you are Loved in return but God tells us to Love even our enemies and to pray and do good to them. Jesus called the Pharisees a brood of Vipers and He got the whip out but Oh how He longed for them to come to Him and even though they hated Him, He died knowing some would come to heart repentance but He forgave them all, so great was His Love.

I do not hate anyone but I do hate the wrong they do, as I hate the wrong I have done in my life, but now I Love my wonderful Abba Father so much, my Spiritual Husband, my Comforter who empowers me to Love and keep God’s guidelines, I do indeed Love The Godhead with all my being, I don’t want to ever hurt them again or anyone else but I can only Love because they first Loved me.

1 John 4:17-19 Herein is our Love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in Love; but perfect Love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in Love. We Love Him, because He first Loved us.

God bless you dear Sebastian and your Loved ones, may this year bring you many blessings in your Ministry as you reach out to others in Love.

Christian Love from us both – Anne.

You’re welcome Anne! Thank you for your comment adding to this post. It is important, as you express, for us to love our Lord. If we truly love God then we will love others. The love of God has to flow through us to others. Blessings to you both!

5. Debbie says:

Amen, my brother. I walked our of a Christmas Eve service reeling when Jesus wasn’t mentioned (except in song) and the entire message was about THE things – and by inference, the people – God hates. I was passing through town or I would have gone back for a chat the next day.

That’s interesting. It’s unfortunate that, as believers, we have become so critical and judgmental. The Lord told us, “with love and kindness, have I drawn you” and He has given us the ministry of reconciliation to draw others to Him. It is hard to do that without showing the love that God has for us! This love was shown in the gift of Christ. Thank you for sharing this with us! Blessings to you!

6. Guy Wolfe says:

“Love” this, Brother. So well put. This gave me further confirmation about some things that God is doing in our lives right now as well, so that you for your faithfulness!

Thank you Guy! They say God never leave Himself without a witness! I appreciate your heart and the work you are doing for so many that need a voice! Bless you my Brother!