Living Faith: Facts vs. Truth

Rom 1 1716 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith.Romans 1:16-17 (KJV)

I lived as a Christian and even served in the ministry for many years without knowing or understanding probably the most basic concept in the Bible…Faith.

To me it is amazing how many Christians are living pretty much the same way. Many are good at confessing their faith in God but miss out on the fact that God intends for them to live by that same faith. To live by faith is to allow your confidence in God, His love and power to guide and fulfill your life.

I make this statement because of the frustration that is evident among many in the Body of Christ. Many feel powerless against the things that come against them. This frustration and sense of powerlessness comes from, I believe, a lack of knowledge of not only what the Bible is saying to the believer but what it means as well. Faith in God is an empowerment to reach beyond ourselves (our natural lives), and tap into the power of an almighty God.

To live by faith is to live by the power of the Word of God…Who cannot fail! The Word of God contains His plan for our lives…I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.–Jeremiah 29:11 (GNT).

To tap into that plan is what will turn our lives from average to extraordinary! It will answer questions that have been shrouded in a cloud of mystery for far too long. The mystery is there because throughout the ages, men have created their own explanation for those things they don’t understand instead of turning to the Word of God…which has the answers for the circumstances of our lives.

For instance, if a person were to get a ‘bad report’ from the doctor; they could turn to the Word of God and see that God says, “I am the God that heals you” (Exodus 15:26). God’s Word states His plan for our lives. It is our responsibility, as Believers: to accept, believe, and hold on to the Word as it relates to our lives until it becomes reality in our daily lives–this is what it means to “live by faith”.

Consequently, there are two elements we have the choice to live by; one is facts and the other is truth. The world’s report is based upon facts, but the Word is always truth…and Truth is higher than the facts! Jesus said, while praying in John 17sanctify them through thy truth, thy word is truth.Facts vs Truth

When faced with facts, grab the Truth. In other words, find out what the Word says about the situation you are facing and stand on that (the Word), instead of the facts!

Lest I be misunderstood, I did not say to ignore the facts but rather—BELIEVE THE TRUTH. In other words, believe in what God says more than whatever facts are screaming at you. This is putting your faith in action.

Have faith 1st

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Word of Faith
15 comments on “Living Faith: Facts vs. Truth
  1. SELECTIVE BELIEF! BY STEVE FINNELL

Why do some men choose to disbelieve that Jesus died on the cross and was bodily resurrected from the grave? It is recorded in the only history book inspired by God, the BIBLE.

Men are very selective about which historical facts they conclude are reliable.

Men agree that Gaius Julius Caesar August was the first Roman emperor. Yet, no man alive witnessed that historical event. It is accepted by faith.

The world believes that Abraham Lincoln was president during the Civil War between the states, however, the only proof that Abraham Lincoln lived and there was a war; is recorded in history books written by men. It is accepted by faith.

Men are confident that Socrates, the Greek philosopher, lived and died. That is accept by faith.

Nobody doubts that George Washington was the first president of the United States. They believe it by faith.

The existence of the great military leader Alexander the Great is questioned by no man. Men believe that he existed by faith.

Men are confident that Napoleon Bonaparte lived and was a great, French, political and military leader. They accept it by faith.

There no living witnesses to confirm that these historical figures lived nor that the historical facts are true. It is all accepted by faith, as written in history books.

The fact that Jesus lived, died, performed miracles, and was resurrected from the dead was not only recorded in God’s book, the BIBLE, but also was recorded in other books of history.

SELECTIVE BELIEF IS WHEN MEN BELIEVE IN HISTORY, UNLESS IT IS GOD’S HISTORY!

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http//:steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Amen Brother Steve! The truly sad part is when Christians believe secular history more than biblical. I’m not surprised at what people who do not confess God does…BUT Christians…it’s like the ‘tail is wagging the dog.’ Blessings to you sir!

2. […] Living Faith: Facts vs. Truth (faith1stministries.com) […]

3. Sebastian, You may known I could not gone without a comment, Pop quiz. Faith the opposite of unbelief, fear the opposite of Love. So if God is faithful and God is love, what are we?
    Sebastian you can sit this quiz out. Many Blessings, James

4. Melissmor says:

WOW – this is really interesting. You know, you said this well, I was one of those Christians who felt as if I could conquer anything when sitting in Church listening to a Homily, but as soon as I leave it’s like I was powerless until I made some big, risky (for the better) changes in my life at the later end of last year.

WARNING: This is long, but I thought it was worth sharing! Lol.

I worked at my (old) job for eight years of my life, started when I was 21 years old. This job was probably one of the “sturdy” ones. “Job Security”, “Financial Security” you name all the “Securities” it pretty much had it.

This all started when I remember a couple of years ago I met a friend at some classes I was doing, she was a woman of faith, she would speak things and it would manifest in her life, I asked her how she does it? She told me she prayed a lot to God for the beloved gift of Wisdom. At that point in time, I was casual about it all, because I was a “Casual Christian”, I went to Church every weekend, so as far as I was concerned I “held up my end of the bargain”. I continued just being casual about my spirituality. From time to time, I would go to a few youth conferences and grow a bit in the spirit only to return to the Casual Christian. THEN – a few years ago I got into some problems with a friend – financial problems. You know how easily it is to borrow, but how much harder it is to return the payment, except, I was the one that did the lending. It turned out to be a huge sum, all in all, I found myself clasping onto God when things were not working out – you know how this goes.

At this point in life, I questioned myself, I was horribly hard on myself for going through with such a thing and found myself crying myself to sleep every single night I was faced with it. I would pray at night and cry myself to sleep and that is where my foundation began in terms of my relationship with God – my REAL relationship. When I started being tough on myself, I think that’s when God really pitied me. He started talking to me, He told me all the awesome reasons why I should NOT be hard on myself, He told me several awesome things, because amidst my tears I was all ears. You know, prayer, which consists mostly of listening, is also something I lacked until this time in my life. My prayers consisted of all the things “Princess Melissa” wanted (as if God was my servant to provide at my beck and call) and of course I didn’t listen to God, I talked His head off, but barely listened. So here I was each “painful” night crying quietly and in the ‘quiet’ of my cry, He spoke, He revealed all unimaginable things and day-by-day, I saw him unravel the hurt in my life.

Fast forward to late last year. At my job (Gov’t owned), I saw it as my civil duty to my country, I took it seriously, we dealt with customers, so I saw the importance of placing my foot in the people we served shoes and understanding life from their point of view to provide them with the best assistance they needed. With each problem that arose, I sort solutions to the best of my ability and brought them toward my Supervisor, but it all fell on deaf ears. Suddenly, I recognized I was a square peg in a round hole fighting for something I believed in, while the ones to implement it were only concerned with their own selfish concerns. Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to go into business on my own, so I decided it was probably time to get going. I started by consulting with God – I said to myself, if I’m going to do this, I am going to do it the right way. I placed Him first and foremost. Then I continued doing my research about business etc., seeking all information I required, documentation to make it a reality and further consultation with God, He spoke to me, He implanted ideas, He took charge, He’s my CEO. So during my time at my old job, more and more I felt as if I outgrew the task and I grew trusting Him and Knowing He’d deliver while I was doing my part. The time came for me to leave the job, I got all the opinions of the world, well at least from the workplace. From “you’re making the wrong decision” to “Na, you won’t make it, the economy’s not going to allow it!” Everyone had an opinion, but with each negative opinion shared, I grew stronger and stronger! My final decision made by God directly to me was a Saturday evening mass I went to. The homily discussed the Israelites freedom out of Egypt. The complaining against the Egyptians, the return to the homeland of Israel, God’s promise of daily provision and their complaints about His provisions. Here it is all the time, I was praying to God to deliver me out of the work place to find the strength at the right time to leave and there, the message was being delivered in that Saturday evening homily. This felt as if God pulled me aside and told me “Melissa, it is time!” I took that and ran with it, I submitted my request to leave and since then, I am the happiest human being! I have no regrets about the decision I made and regarding business; God offers me options to get it going successfully in accordance with His will.

You know, I always heard the word faith but never really understood it; little did I recognize that I was walking in it. God was unraveling my life in accordance with His will and I have been and continue to trust Him all the way! I retired from my job on October 31st 2012, went on a Refreshing, Enjoyable vacation to NY in Nov/Dec, praised and thanked God for 30 wonderful years on 22nd November 2012 (Thanksgiving Day), returned home to my country just in time for Christmas, enjoyed Christmas with family and brought in a Very Happy, Promising New Year with God at the head, all around, through and through, inside of me and my loving family lives. I am forever thankful to God for all the experiences I’ve had in my life – good, bad and ugly. I have learnt a lot of great lessons and no longer am I a “Casual Christian” I am in LOVE with the Awesomest of Awesomes and that is God the Almighty. He is the truthful, loving and ever-living God, there is nothing too big for Him to handle and while having a relationship with Him doesn’t guarantee there won’t be “difficult” times, it sure guarantees that in those difficult times He will walk aside us and advise us exactly what must be done to get out of those difficulties.

To God is ALLLLLLLLLL Glory.

I love you God.

Sebastian, I am ever so grateful for people as yourself who share the word of God and His greatness in your lives and the world.

Thank you for being you!

Thank you Melissa for your kind and thoughtful words and thank you for sharing this testimony!

Our God is Awesome and He wants to express His Love to and through us! Everyday we live, we should learn to submit more and more to the will and way of God…He always know what it best!

The limitations of the world are not supposed to be the Believers story. There are no limitations with God and when we stand with and follow Him, things will work out for us!

Thank you again!

• Melissmor says:

Yes indeed, well said, you know at the time when I was going through my ordeal it was the most horrible moment, but you know Sebastian, looking back then to now and the love relationship I share with God, I am HAPPY I experienced what I did because now, it feels as if a whole Universe of love, life, happiness and an Awesome God filled future has opened up for me and I am so joyous with God. Ooooooh, I LOVE Daddy God. Lol. Again Sebastian, keep it coming, I Love these Great words of Life!

Thank you so much! The great thing about the life of faith is, when we are in some of the darkest times of our lives, we can always look back to how God has brought us through other difficulties and trust He will always do it again. I would like to recommend you reading my post on Remembering Past Victories. Thank you again and God bless!

5. fgassette says:

Hebrews 11:6 Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for whoever comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who diligently search for him. Without this basic principle one can go or grow no further. Thank you for sharing the above powerful truths presented in your article.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

6. You’ve hit the bull’s eye! This truth has never been more evident to me than now as we face my mom’s brain cancer. Faith requires surrendering MY plan to a loving God who is FOR me and who sees everything beyond the immediate. Thank you for this encouragement. I believe it’s a fundamental key to life as a believer.

Thank you! I’m pleased this post found a place in you and your life. Now hold on to it’s truth despite the circumstances. I don’t know the future but I do know Who does and I commend you to the word of His Grace!

The power of God will override any sickness or disease in those who dare believe as described.

May you and your mother declare: “I shall live and not die!” (Ps. 118:17)…because the Lord has work for me to do!

• Sebastian, I have chills. Psalm 118:17 was given to my mom by a person who has never met her. This woman heard about my mom at a prayer meeting and she told my friend The Lord gave her that verse for my mom. Wow! What a confirmation.

Thank you for sharing the truth so clearly. You bet I’m holdin onto it with all I have. God has a good plan. This I am sure.

Blessings and continued strength to you.

You’re welcome! It excites me that the Lord cares so much for us! This is one of the reasons I like serving the Lord. He knows us intimately and knows how to reach us when we need Him most!
        Thank you for sharing this with us and may your mother be infused with the strength of the Almighty…Who alone is Healer!