Being Determined

Determination - Tiger's Eye13 Brothers and sisters, I can’t consider myself a winner yet. This is what I do: I don’t look back, I lengthen my stride, and 14 I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God’s heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus.Philippians 3:13-14 (God’s Word)

Determination: the act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose.

As we come to the end of another year, one that has been full of  promises and disappointment, triumph and tragedy…it is time to look forward to a new year. This is a time many are in the mode of reflection, focusing on the year that has past. Others are looking toward the New Year with uncertainty…unsure of what to expect.

Today, as I face the close of 2012, I choose to do neither…I choose to have the determination to follow God and His Word! Looking back will not bring change or improve the things I wished had gone different. Looking forward to the New Year can be problematic as well because of all the things that may be shaky at best. But my hope does not rest in the past or the future; my hope is in the Lord Jesus and His sacrifice for me.

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]John 16:33 (Amp)

Far too long we have taken our cues from the world and placed our reliance in its people and systems, only to be left dejected and disillusioned. This is not supposed to be the testimony of Believers in the Lord Jesus. However, it should be understood that this will be our lot if we are not firmly grounded in hope and trust in the Lord and the victory He has provided for us! This victory is won but it must be fought for.

Notwithstanding of where we are and what we may be facing right now, Jesus has overcome the world and its ability to harm or conquer us. It is our responsibility to receive what He gave us and to build our lives and our world with it. Do not get me wrong, I know it is easier said than done, and we will take some hits in this world, but we cannot stop or quit…we must move forward with absolute trust and dependence in God!

We must be determined to see the end of our faith. We must be determined to experience the fullness of what God has for us despite all signs to the contrary! If we believe all the so-called experts, all is lost and we don’t have a chance…but that is not what the Word tells us. So let’s take a stand and be determined to believe God. Let us make a decision to be determined to have faith and “stay with God”!

I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness
in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!
Take heart. Don’t quit.
I’ll say it again:
Stay with God.
Psalm 27:13-14 (Message)

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, Word of Faith
31 comments on “Being Determined
  1. Brook says:

Very helpful and timely. *Thank you*. And *thank you* for the like and follow at my blog. Hoping to keep fighting the good fight of faith with others here in cyberspace.

2. […] is a continuation of an earlier post by the same name… encouraging us to stay […]

3. Ganesh Raam says:

Thanks for dropping by on my blog… Got to say… This is a very interesting post! 🙂

4. Happy New Year, Sebastian! THANKS for subscribing to my “pun-ny” photoblog and for leaving a “like.” I hope I can bring you a smile (or at least a groan) every weekday! I appreciate your Christian witness.
    –John R.: http://TheDailyGraff.com

You’re so welcome John and Happy New Year to you as well. I look forward to the joy of checking in on your blog this year. May God’s best be yours as you enter 2013!

5. Yes I agree….we must become more determined to stand in our Faith!!! Faith is the substance of everything thing in life, whether it be the natural or the Super Natural. God Bless You Sebastian and may the New Year bring you unspeakable joy, love and prosperity.♥

6. Beautiful post. Such simple words, that hold so much strength. Very inspiring. Look forward to reading more.

7. Jill says:

Reblogged this on Owning Your Life and commented:
    Happy New Year!!

8. Kim says:

Happy New Year Minister Sebastian!……..thank you for your support in 2012…….may 2013 be your best year ever as you continue to grow in Christ and seek to walk in His plan and purpose for your life………blessings!……..Kim

9. Debbie says:

Thank you for encouraging us! God bless you!

10. Sebastian, My dear brother let us help one another dress in the Full Armor of God as we stand firm on His Word to finish the race we begun in His Name, Amen. His blessings shall follow you all the the days of your life as we advance toward the prize. My prayers will always be before the Throne for you this coming New Year just as yours are for me. I love you my brother Happy New Year!

Brother James, thank you for your faithfulness…I stand with and pray for you as well…I appreciate you more than you know! Blessings to you and yours as you enter into this New Year!

11. Butch Dean says:

Have a wonderful New Year!