It’s Time to Take God at His Word

Take God At His WordThen Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me just as you have said.” Then the angel left her.Luke 1:38 (Common English Bible)

It is time, my friend, for every Believer in God to live up to and practice the meaning of the word believer. It is imperative that we take a stand for God and His Word! Regardless of what you may think, it is not just going to happen. What is it, you may ask? It is any and everything God has promised His children in His Word. It is any and everything He has promised you and me by His Spirit.

There is more to this life of faith than what most and virtually all of us have experienced. God wants more for us and for this world but it is up to us to receive it by faith and place a demand upon it when necessary. This is no different from writing a check or making a withdrawal from your bank account. When you know the money is there, you expect it to be release for your use.

It is the same with the promises of God. When we receive them as our own, we can call on them when we need them in our lives. I understand that the circumstances of this world can be overwhelming sometimes, but this is why we must constantly saturate ourselves in and with God’s Word so that our spirit-man will not be depleted!

20 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen to my words. 21 Never let them get away from you. Remember them and keep them in your heart. 22 They will give life and health to anyone who understands them. 23 Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.—Proverbs 4:20-23 (Good News)

When we spend time in the Word and take it as life for us, we build a resistance to the things that come to wear us down, discourage us, make us ineffective, and ultimately destroy us. Jesus told us in John 10:10, “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)” (Amplified). Do not let the thief be successful in your life, take God at His Word and hold on to it for dear life…because it is life!

Mary did not allow the potential for embarrassment or even persecution; stop her from receiving the Blessing of God into her life. Rather, she willingly received it (Him). Our lives would be drastically different if we stop looking to the world for answers and look to God! He should be the source of our lives. The scripture declares: “he gives us the power to live, to move, and to be who we are”—Acts 17:28 (CEB).

So, let’s follow Mary’s example and take God at His Word because He is good for it. He can take care of any problem we may face…now or in the future!

Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, Today's Word
19 comments on “It’s Time to Take God at His Word
  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for always bring God’s Truth to us.

2. PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER says:

Pastor, may you be blessed with peace, love, joy and the abundances of the Lord’s fruits of prosperity this Christmas Season. We love you and appreciate you for all that you do in helping to build and promote the Kingdom of God here on this earth.

Bless you Pastor! I receive the blessing and appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. I thank God for all you do as well and pray and speak His Blessing over your life and ministry! May you continue to be strengthened with might and walk in the fulness of the Blessing both now and always! (Loved the video!)

Merry Christmas!

3. Thank you Pastor Sebastian. It is so true that we as “believers” need to live more like this.

I truly feel that my spiritual malnourishment is due to the ignorance i have in prayer and fasting. I have begun to taste and see the power behind this tool, but it is still very new to me. Many fellow brothers and sisters around me are also very foreign to this. I feel we need to make this more of a priority in our churches and build up our Spirit Man!

Thank you for this post!

You’re welcome indeed! Now, I agree with you on the importance of the power of prayer and fasting and the need for it to be a priority in churches.

However, I would like to add something to this. As important as prayer and fasting is for our “Spirit Man”, it is still imperative that we check out our believing and the way we think and speak.

These are what propel us to victory in our lives. Many have majored in P&F but do not understand the authority we have been given as believers. Thereby leaving out a very important part of our walk with Christ!

Don’t misunderstand me, we need to both pray and fast but also we must “search the scriptures” to discover the totality of what the Lord’s sacrifice gives us.

Thank you for your comment and allowing me to share my heart on this matter!

Merry Christmas!

• Thank you Pastor. No misunderstanding here i totally agree with that 100%. The problem for me is actually believing in all the promises of God all the time. I want to more and more each day. But when the rubber actually Hits the road certain areas can become weak, or just lacking that belief in a promise.

The key is exactly what you said though, searching the scriptures! I need to do more searching, and speaking these promises to life.

Thank you for your words of wisdom and guidance.

Merry Christmas

You’re welcome! You actually confessed to a problem that many, if not most, of us face. Walking by faith and believing the promises of God is a day-by-day and sometimes moment-by-moment process that we all must walk. Blessings.

Hello Pastor and “Merry Christmas”!! to you and your family. Thanks for this powerful reminder and I needed this!! I tell ya satan is trying and he is throwing stones at me left and right,but I remember Joseph when his brothers sold him,I can only imagine what must have been going through his mind. My family,mercy Jesus,my family,I just now finished telling God I do not understand why I’m being beating,but I trust you. It’s as if God is tearing me away from some family members and it hurts the way I’m being treated,but I trust God. Thanks Pastor for the needed encouragement.
    Love you 😀

Hello Pat! You’re welcome and Merry Christmas to you as well!

My heart go out to you for your hardships…family difficulties can sometimes be the hardest to endure. I’m reminded of a couple of scripture passages when thinking of the tough times we experience at the hands of people:

“The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”–Jer 31:2-4

and

“Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”–2 Tim 2:3

We have to express the spirit of love in the midst of dealing with difficult people. Remembering that: “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.”–Isa. 54:17

5. Sebastian, Please do not take the questions I am about ask as a legalist for I am far from that. Could it be that the failure to grab hold of the promises that are given in the Bible is from a lack of obedience on our part?

No problem James! To “grab hold” you have to believe; to obey, you have to believe…I think the problem may lie in the BELIEVING. We absolutely MUST trust and believe God and His Word before we can expect to experience the results as proof-positive in our lives. Hope I answered your question. God bless!

• Your answer works there may be another deeper question but not tonight. I think I forgot to Bless you and your family with a Merry Christmas as we begin in this time of worship Of His Son our Savior. So May This Christmas be Blessed With Love of Jesus as He takes His seat of honor in Your Home, Amen.

Amen and thank you James! May the blessing and love of our Lord be with you all this holiday!

6. Lyn Leahz says:

Yes! Amen! Awesome post, brother Sebastian! God bless you!