9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. — Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV)
What do you do when faced with something that defies the description? You pray. Pray? Yes pray! What do we pray for? We should pray for:
- Understanding…because there’s no way we can understand how this could happen;
- Wisdom…because we don’t know how to respond properly;
- Peace…because only God can give the victims’ families and others true peace in the heart and mind during such a time;
- Healing…because there are many wounds that need healing—both physically and emotionally;
- Forgiveness…because both we and the perpetrator need it…desperately!
Let Us Pray…
Father in heaven, thank you for the opportunity to pray on behalf of those who are hurting because of the senseless act of violence, carried out by the perpetrator(s) in that school in Connecticut…that caused so many lives to be affected in just a moment.
Father, you instructed us to “Come boldly before the Throne of Grace that we may obtain mercy and find Grace to help in the time of need.” and you said that if we “pray, seek your face, and turn from our wicked ways, you would forgive our sin and heal our land.” Although, we do not understand what would make someone do such a thing, we believe that you have the answer to all things!
We ask you today to help everyone affected by this tragedy: every victim, every witness, every staff member, and every family member of those who were lost or injured…please help us to understand and give us wisdom to do the right thing…your will that is.
So many lives have been shattered, but you and only you can bring true peace and healing to the lives of those injured and hurting. Father, I speak healing over the lives and bodies of everyone affected. Thank you for this!
Although you did not cause this tragedy, please use the aftermath to draw each victim and every one of us closer to and in a deeper relationship with You. For You, Lord, are our only hope in these desperate times!
Finally Lord, please forgive the one or ones who were a part of this horrific event that has broken so many lives and homes. Lord, if there are any others who were a part of this unspeakable act, may they find you and seek forgiveness for themselves as we ask you for forgiveness for both their and our sins and trespasses.
Thank you Lord for receiving this prayer in the matchless name of Jesus…we pray. Amen!Have Faith1st ©2012 Faith1st Ministries
- Prayers For Connecticut (tapcopim.com)
- Praying for the Enemy (valyoume.wordpress.com)
- Update: Shooting at Connecticut elementary school. (lynleahz.com)
- What is This World Coming To?-Connecticut Tragedy (gwenrelationshipsstartwithyou.wordpress.com)
- How Should We Pray? (davidstheology.wordpress.com)