The Devil is Still a Liar!

Lies--Caution Sign

…He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.—John 8:44 (New Living Translation)

There are many Christians that are experiencing a tremendous amount of pressure in their lives. Some are experiencing grief or sickness, for others it may be financial concerns or even marital and family issues. There are others that are experiencing any combination of these—if not all of them and more! But I am here to tell them and you that the Devil is a LIAR!!!!!

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV)

Do not believe him for one moment! It is not all over, nor are you down for the count! God has not forgotten nor forsaken you! The voices you are hearing in your head that’s saying: this is the worse it has ever been, it is not going to get better, God has forsaken you, and it is better if you were dead—is all LIES! We serve a God that delivers, just TRUST HIM!

Answer those voices with the all-powerful Word of God! Put that Word in your heart and on your tongue; stand on that Word until it becomes real in you…it will not fail! Jesus said: “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.Matthew 24:35

Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread”—Psalm 37:25 (NLT)

Neither you nor I have ever been “abandoned” by God…nor will we ever be! The devil is a liar! God is the Father of every one that has accepted His gift of grace…called Salvation. He is a Father that cares for His children…

• TRUST HIM, for all of your needs—He will supply them; (Philippians 4:19)
  • TRUST HIM, to deliver you from every trial you face—He knows how to do it; (2 Peter 2:9)
  • TRUST HIM, to give you peace that makes no sense—He WILL DO IT! (Philippians 4:7)
  • TRUST HIM, to heal your body from all sickness and disease—He has provided it! (Psalm 103:3)

My friend, do not fall prey to the deceit of the enemy of your soul, for he is a liar and the source of all lies! But our God is TRUTH!

• He saves;
  • He heals;
  • He delivers;
  • He comforts;
  • He guides;
  • He strengthens and,
  • He gives peace;

Make this your confession: I am a believer and not a doubter. I am not moved by what I see, hear, or feel; I am moved by what I believe from the Word; and that’s enough for me!

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, The Gospel, Word of Encouragement, Word of Faith, Word Power
20 comments on “The Devil is Still a Liar!
  1. I just received notification that you are now following my blog God’s Glory (http://thelordswitness.wordpress.com) I am honored and humbled for I know not what I can offer when you have such beautiful words entwined with the loving words of God, Our Father. I enjoy your blog very much and learn from you each time I read something on it so thank you for your beautiful ministry and for following my humble little blog

Hello Len and you’re definitely welcome! Thank you for such kind and thoughtful words! We stand together in His name and with His mission as “witnesses” for our Lord! May His best continue to be yours! –Sebastian

2. benabu says:

This is a very good post, a reminder we are not defeated by the enemy. Jesus indeed had said, Behold I have given you poower over all the powers of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. We are anointed. http://cfcspn.com see post on 1 Peter 5

Thank you! The enemy is a deceiver and he lies to us in such a way that we think those lies are true. But if we would get into the Word and hold to it, those lies would be exposed every time!

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)

3. […] The Devil is Still a Liar! (faith1stministries.com) […]

4. kokkieh says:

Dear Sebastian, thank you for this post. Thank you especially for acknowledging that tough times do happen. There are way too many Christian authors and ministers nowadays who try to deny that it can go badly with God’s people. The truth is, tough times will come, and if you’re God’s child chances are they’ll come more often than with people who are not Christians. But thank God, he will never leave us nor forsake us. The tough times come only so we will acknowledge our own weakness, for when we are weak, then He is strong.
    Herman

You’re welcome! I don’t argue with the theology of others but I believe, that although troubles do in fact come it is our responsibility to resist everything that is not of God! His strength is what aids us in overcoming the things that are designed to overcome us. Blessings to you! –Sebastian

5. Thanks for His Truth, my friend. I will share it with some people who are feeling the weight of the world right now. Continue to listen to His voice.

Hello Pastor what a word! I love it and how true the devil is wide open trying to get us to give up,trying to get us to believe his lies.Thank you for these great reminders,God will never leave nor forget us and I am so glad to know that truth.
    Love you Pastor 😀

You’re welcome Pat! We have to remember that anything that goes against God’s Word is a lie and is meant to deceive us.

• benabu says:

God is good all the time, we just need to remember, that we at times need to go through the fire. The fire will not hurt us, it is God’s fire one the enemy cannot go through, but God who santifies will bring us through on the other side safly. The fire is not to hurt, but to keep us from the enemy. Remember Israel how they went through the water, but the Egyptians were drowned in the return of ther watre?

7. Freedomborn says:

Hi Sebastian, a wonderful message and yes as always much Truth, I have missed you friend but with Blog and Computer problems, I have had very little time to visit and Ron has been very busy with his Church commitments.

Satan is indeed the Father of lies and one of them is we won’t have any trouble in our lives once we are Christians and we will always be Happy Clappy if we have The Holy Spirit but Jesus said differant and even though He was always full of the Holy Spirit until He became fully man on the cross with all our sin to bear which seperated Him from His Father , He still had all the emotions we do, yes He was known as a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief, to know that many of those He Loved and would die for, would still choose eternal separation from God would have hurt Him greatly as it hurt God. But Jesus did have deep inner Joy which we do too regardless of the circumstances, yes we may even have tears in our eyes but God’s Joy will remain in our hearts.

I’m sure Paul was not Happy Clappy when he was whipped and beaten and thrown into prison and who likes snake bites but like you said Sebastian, in his time of testing just the same as Jesus, Job and many others endured and so will we, his Faith was strengthened in knowing and experiencing God’s faithfulness to deliver him and being filled then with the Holy Spirit, his Joy then overflowed the same as ours does.

The Scripture below that God gave us, confirms this Truth and gives me continual Hope that we don’t suffer alone ever and that we will have the Victory in Christ Jesus over any trouble we may experience in life.

Lamentations 3: 33 For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.”

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.