I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.—Psalm 37:25
Another year has circled around, marking my birth date. This brings me to a place of reflection of the years that has passed by. I, like many, have had many “ups and downs” in my life. There have been many celebrations and high points, but there has been many disappointments and low points as well. Over the years, I have had times that made me want to give up and just quit. And there have been times that it seems that everyone just walked off and left me.
Regardless of the circumstances of my life, good or not so good, there has always been one constant—it has become the “Same Old Story” for me—the Lord has been good to me all the days of my life!
- He gave Jesus for me before I was born—Blessed
- He allowed me to be born and live all these years—Blessed
- He gave me parents who loved me—Blessed
- He gave me salvation and received me into His Kingdom at a young age—Blessed
- He gave me a wife and children who truly loves me—Blessed
- He has healed me when I was sick—Blessed
- He has never allowed me to go hungry or without shelter—Blessed
- He has delivered me from more than I can list and more than I know—I’m Blessed.
In all, it is truly the “Same Old Story” for me—it’s my birthday every day—because God is good all the time!
How about you?
©2012 Faith1st Ministries
- I Have Never Seen The Righteous Forsaken, Nor His Children Begging Bread (Psalms 37:25) (bummyla.wordpress.com)