Same Old Story

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.Psalm 37:25

Another year has circled around, marking my birth date. This brings me to a place of reflection of the years that has passed by. I, like many, have had many “ups and downs” in my life. There have been many celebrations and high points, but there has been many disappointments and low points as well. Over the years, I have had times that made me want to give up and just quit. And there have been times that it seems that everyone just walked off and left me.

Regardless of the circumstances of my life, good or not so good, there has always been one constant—it has become the “Same Old Story” for me—the Lord has been good to me all the days of my life!

• He gave Jesus for me before I was born—Blessed
  • He allowed me to be born and live all these years—Blessed
  • He gave me parents who loved me—Blessed
  • He gave me salvation and received me into His Kingdom at a young age—Blessed
  • He gave me a wife and children who truly loves me—Blessed
  • He has healed me when I was sick—Blessed
  • He has never allowed me to go hungry or without shelter—Blessed
  • He has delivered me from more than I can list and more than I know—I’m Blessed.

In all, it is truly the “Same Old Story” for me—it’s my birthday every day—because God is good all the time!

How about you?

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Current Events
37 comments on “Same Old Story
  1. Awesome! Love the title as well. All of our good days far outweigh our bad days. Continued blessings and happy birthday!

2. Happy birthday, Sebastian! I especially like the last blessing on the list… if we ever knew the total of what God has delivered us from, we would probably fall to the floor! Hope it’s a great day!

3. And so say all of us – Happy birthday Sebastian. You asked, what about you? I found one time when I was going through difficulties that I was moping and complaining. Then i came to me to write up a joy book. It seemed I had no joy in my life. But as I wrote down all the joys that occurred I was amazed! The enemy of our souls would have us believe that things are much worse than they seem. Thanks for sharing.

4. Kim says:

Thank you for visiting and deciding to follow “Unwalled”; I am truly honored, and thank you for liking my post re: my home invasion. I join in with the birthday greetings and say “Happy Birthday” and may the Lord will grant you good health, increased strength in your body, mind, soul and spirit, increased Kingdom influence in the earth and the desires of your heart as you delight yourself in Him…..all the best!…….Kim

Hello Kim! You are welcome, I am honored to be a part of your community! Thank you as well for the Birthday wishes and the blessing…I appreciate it…thank you!
      May His best be yours always!

5. whenquiet says:

Hope you enjoyed your birthday Sebastian!!!! I am so encouraged and calmed by your spiritual insight. If you get a chance google Ashford & Simpson’s song, Main Line….”Said that there is a main line you can call Him anytime, If you don’t get an answer don’t be discouraged, 24 hour answering service”….

I did, thank you!
      I also appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. My gift is for you all…I am called to serve the saints of the Most High God…Who doesn’t sleep, slumber, take a day off, or ignore our calls!
      Blessings!

6. Debbie says:

Happy, happy birthday! This is a same ol’ story that is a great one! God bless you today and all your tomorrows!

7. Lady Deidre says:

Awesome! I hope you had a BLESSED birthday! May you enjoy many more blessing throughout life!
    God Bless You!

8. Happy birthday and many happy returns with counting of many blessings. Because of Christ, not only you have today, tomorrow’s yours too.

9. admin says:

Happy Birthday Sebastian! Bask in the love of God and all those who love you. The best is yet to come in your life. You truly make the world a better place. Abundant blessings are yours!

10. BUMMYLA says:

Happy Birthday Sir!

11. I am sure you have some idea of what a blessing your words are to me this day. May our Lord Jesus pour out an even greater blessing this day upon you so that all your store house can not hold it. You know the prayers that our Lord has given to me for you and that I will be faithful to do what I’m called to do. Amen.
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My brother Amen! James

12. fgassette says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I am blessed as well. Sing this song with us.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

13. Liz Gray says:

Indeed! Have a blessed birthday and you have the right perspective on life!! Everyday God gives us soooo much to be thankful for!! Enjoy this beautiful day!

14. Yvette says:

Have a very blessed birthday! I too have had my ups and downs, and with each down Jesus has been by my side.

15. Happy Birthday, Sebastian! God has been so good to me, too! I’m blessed to be a blessing and blessed in knowing others of like precious faith! May you have another year filled with God’s blessings!