Why I Chose Faith

1-2The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.Hebrews 11:1-2 (The Message)

I lived as a Christian and even served in the ministry for many years without understanding probably the most basic concept in the Bible—Faith! To me it is amazing how many Christians are living pretty much the same way. Many are good at confessing their faith in God but miss out on the fact that God intends for them to live by that same faith.

To live by faith is to allow your confidence in God, His love, and His power, to guide and fulfill your life.

I make this statement because of the frustration that is evident among many in the Body of Christ—a sense of powerlessness over the circumstances of life. This frustration comes from, I believe, a lack of knowledge or understanding of not only what the Bible is saying to the believer but what it means as well. Faith in God is an empowerment to reach beyond ourselves (our natural lives), and tap into the power and provision of an almighty God.

When Jesus told His disciples to “Have faith in God,” (Mark 11:22). He, I believe, was saying for them to make a transformation in the way they had been thinking about and seeing life. Surely, they were accustomed to things operating in a certain way…that was limited at best…but He wanted them and we to know that there are no limits in God!

To live by faith is to live by the power of the Word of God—who cannot fail! The Word of God contains His plan for our lives. To tap into that plan is what will turn our lives from average to extraordinary! It will answer questions that have been shrouded in a cloud of mystery for far too long. The mystery is there because throughout the ages, men have created their own explanation for those things they don’t understand instead of turning to the Word of God…which has the answers.

To choose to live by faith is to take away the excuses and make the decision to trust God above all else!

Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, Faith
28 comments on “Why I Chose Faith
  1. His Servant says:

Really enjoyed your posts here…and I am so glad I stumbled upon your page! God bless you my dear brother and keep up the good work for Christ Jesus, our Lord and Savior!

2. whenquiet says:

Brother Sebastian….We are trusting, claiming the victory, and anchored by the faith! Blessings to you!!!

3. […] whisper to get moving? What are you waiting on to get started?What others are sharing about FaithWhy I Chose Faith (faith1stministries.com)Faith Acts! (aviesplace.wordpress.com)Outrageous Faith […]

4. Ron says:

Faith, Sebastian , as you say .”faith is an empowerment to live beyond ourselves ” . For to be effective in our christian lives, we most suredly need to move beyond ourself , and move into His Self. safer and much more effective.

Thanks Sebastian
    Ron

Hello Ron! I like the way you put it, “we most suredly need to move beyond ourself , and move into His Self.” For to be in God is the safest place I know! Thank you for adding to the discussion! –Sebastian

5. This reminds me of the fact that wisdom needs understanding for fruit to be made manifest in our lives. Faith receives…and understands helps us to act on the faith we have received. Challenging post.

Blessings,

Gladwell

6. I needed to hear this right now – It never ceases to amaze me how God works through others to give us what we need. Blessings! Patty

7. fgassette says:

AMEN! I remember hearing a National leader in ministry once said in his sermon on faith “Don’t believe what you see, see what you believe.” So whenever I encounter a situation that requires my faith I say “God you got this”. I don’t believe what I see, I see what I believe.” Right now I am believing God for my grandson, who the school district wants to move him clear across town to another school in an area we don’t believe is safe. We want safe conditions for our young black men and so I’m believing God to continue to keep him safe. Because. GOD YOU GOT THIS!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

Surely, we can trust God to handle the tough circumstances in our lives when we believe, because He told us that “all things are possible to him that believes.” But I would like to add that we can claim the promises of the Word over our lives and the lives of our family.

I particularly love the promises found in Psalm 91 when protection is what I am believing for! I’ve confessed part or all of this over my family for years and we are still reaping the benefits! Blessings to you and your family!

–Sebastian

8. Holly Michael says:

Great thoughts for me today.

9. Lady Deidre says:

Amen! Learning to trust God can be hard at first, but well worth that leap of Faith.
    God Bless you!

Hello Sis! You are right that it can be hard but worth it. The scriptures teach that faith is a “rest” in God and when we learn how to “enter into that rest”, it will signal the beginning of real living! Blessings to you! –Sebastian

10. It is a fact that when we first believed, we would have the zeal, but not much of knowledge. But as we grow in the Lord, we acquire more knowledge, and our faith rises. But faith could become a dwarf if we fail to constantly hear and do the Word. We quite resonate with your experience, and we thank God for leading you thus far. It’s our prayer that God will continue to increase us until we see His face. Thanks for sharing.

You’re welcome and thank you for your input to this discussion! I believe that our entire experience as Christians is faith-based. I also believe that point will go uncontested. However, far too many of us live our lives anyway except faith.

True faith has to be based upon our unrelenting trust in God’s faithfulness to His Word and to us as His children. Meaning, we do not have to see it or have it in our possession for it to be true and real.

We are in a time in history that will require us to truly, “have faith in God” and to “walk by faith and not by sight.”

Blessings to you!

Sebastian

11. admin says:

Good post about faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. I agree that our thinking has to change in order to have faith.

We absolutely have to change our mindset in order to have faith in God and His Word! Because His ways are nothing like ours! Thank you for your comments! Blessings to you! –Sebastian

12. Oh the stories I have to tell about stepping out of the boat I shall not, for there is not enough space in all of cyber-space for it! With my little steps of faith I can only testify to our Abba Father’s great faithfulness. AMEN! May our Lord hold you firmly in His arms Sebastian. James