We Are to Live By Faith

faith

faith (Photo credit: in loving memory of “mademoiselle lavender” -)

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.— Romans 1:17; also in Habakkuk 2:4; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38 (KJV)

To “live by faith” is emphasized in the Bible four separate times, (see the references above); it seems to me that God is trying to tell us something. Faith is so important that we, as Christians, cannot afford to leave its operation in our lives to chance. To live is:

1. To continue in constantly or habitually;

2. To act habitually in conformity to.

It is amazing how many Christians are good at confessing their faith in God but miss out on the fact that God intends for them to live by that same faith (Romans 1:17).

To live by faith is to allow your confidence in God, His love, and His power, to guide and fulfill your life. To live by faith is to live by the power of the Word of God…who cannot fail! Not only that but it is also being constantly or habitually in conformity to the Will of God according to His Word. Now neither you nor I know the entirety of God’s Word. However, we are responsible to “search the scriptures”—John 5:39; and to walk in the light of that Word which is known.

The Word of God contains His plan for our lives. To tap into that plan is what will turn our lives from average to extraordinary! It will answer questions that have been shrouded in a cloud of mystery for far too long. The mystery is there because throughout the ages, men have created their own explanation for those things they don’t understand instead of turning to the Word of God…which has all of the answers.

For instance, if a person were to get a ‘bad report’ from the doctor; they could turn to the Word of God and see that God says, “I am the Lord who heals you” (Exodus 15:26), and choose to believe the Word and place it in higher priority than the report—this is what it means to live by faith. Wow, what a concept! Turn to God for life’s dilemma’s and choose to believe Him, instead of being plagued with worry and uncertainty because of something that only He can do anything about anyway!

Facts vs. Truth

There are two elements we have the choice to live by; one is facts and the other is truth. The doctor’s report is based upon facts, but the Word is always truth…and truth is higher than the facts! This isn’t meant to demean any doctor…they are working within the system of this world and God bless them for what they do; but then again, doctors know that they do not heal. On the other hand Jesus, through the power of faith in His Word does! Jesus said, while praying in John 17, “sanctify them through thy truth, thy word is truth” (vs. 17 – KJV).

Moreover, medical reports are not the only place we are faced with facts vs. truth. Another area is our finances. This is another place where the enemy has a stranglehold on people—Believers included. The financial/economic system, like the medical, is a system in which we have been taught to trust. Many of us were told that if we went to school, got a job or started a business, and worked hard, everything would work out for us. However, many of us have followed that formula and it did not work out.

Nonetheless, when we follow the truth outlined in God’s Word, every facet of poverty, lay-offs, unemployment or underemployment, rising cost of living, etc., etc., pales in comparison and actually fails to compare to the truth of victory through God’s Word!

28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.—Luke 12:28-32 (KJV)

Having faith and living in and by it will change every fact in your life! When faced with facts, grab the truth…find out what the Word says about the situation you are facing and stand on that (the Word)…instead of the facts!

Lest I be misunderstood, I did not say to ignore the facts but rather—BELIEVE THE TRUTH. In other words, believe in what God says more than whatever facts are screaming at you. This is putting your faith in action…this is living by faith!

Related Scriptures

Luke 11:9

Philippians 4:19

3 John 2

Psalm 103:2-5

Psalm 121

Psalm 91

Proverbs 4

Matthew 6:9-13

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Believing, Devotional, Faith, Word of Faith
16 comments on “We Are to Live By Faith
  1. PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER says:

My Brother, just one word, “AWESOME”!

2. […] We Are to Live By Faith (faith1stministries.com) […]

3. […] Pastor Phillip – http://pastorphilip.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/stimulated-faith/   Sebastian – https://faith1stministries.com/2012/08/12/we-are-to-live-by-faith/   Share this:ShareTwitterFacebookStumbleUponTumblrLinkedInEmailPrintDiggRedditPinterestLike […]

4. […] About Me RSS ← We Are to Live By Faith […]

5. fgassette says:

I always enjoy reading your post and the truth of your words backed up with scriptural references. Keep up the good works.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

6. isaiah43123 says:

“report is based upon facts, but the Word is always truth…and truth is higher than the facts!” I love that statement; a great reminder of Who comes first!
    Keep the Faith!

Thank you for that…there is so much more revelation on Facts v. Truth, I’m just waiting for it to be released. Blessings to you! –Sebastian

• Priscila says:

Kathy, As you go into this new chapter in your life God is in corontl just as he has been with every other chapter before. You are loved, by God and by your friends. You have been such an inspiration to me. Whenever I think I can’t handle something I think of you and your faith and love for Christ. Know that you will be covered in prayer throughout the day tomorrow and as you recover. I love you. Mary

7. Freedomborn says:

Hi Sebastian, I’m sure Ron will appreciate this message too, it was very good and we have proven it both with healing and finances, as for Ministry … God’s work done His way never lacks His supply. I will share another time about God’s provision financially

Yes we know Faith without works is dead, we show our faith in actions because Love which is the essence of Faith, is an action not just a word.

I was born with a gean disorder that causes a server arthritic condition that leads to the joints being decayed, thankfully it has been slow moving but and when I was 40 , I was told after many tests that by the time I was 60 which is now, I would be a Paraplegic

.About 3 weeks ago I was in extreme pain for 3 days and could not walk, the Doctor said it was the cold weather affecting my condition and increasing the pain and apart from strong pain relief there was nothing they could do for me, she also ordered a Lumber X-ray again, I have them every year. I asked our friends to pray for me that night and used the healing Balm that Peter had received from God and in the morning I had no pain in my back and could walk again and I still don’t have pain there and the X-ray showed there was no sign of the increasing arthritic degeneration that I use to have and wonderfully I will no longer be a Paraplegic. God has healed me Miraculously before more then once and they were Medically documented over a long period of time and some were life threatening but they also disappeared… Praise God from who all mercies flow.

Yes Sebastian only God can heal and do good and those who are empowered by Him with this gifting. Satan destroys, lies, tricks and uses illusion to deceive because He is evil and can do no good, nor can those who are his children eternally.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

Hallelujah! What a wonderful testimony Anne! Thank you so much for sharing it! It is time for the people of God to receive the meeting of our needs from God…whether it be healing, financially, or otherwise! The Lord has provided EVERYTHING that “pertains to life and godliness through His precious promises”…all we have to do is receive it by faith! God bless you! –Sebastian

8. Nizy says:

I love this much! Thanks for sharing and Thanks for the Ping-back. #BLESSING

9. Lyn Leahz says:

Loved this article! Thank you for the advice and direction you’ve provided on faith, a much needed topic of discussion. God bless you my brother!