“…Have faith in God.”—Mark 11:22 (KJV)
For a Believer, serving God carries with it many benefits; healing, prosperity, forgiveness of sin, and righteousness, are just a few of them—they just come with the package. Other than the gaining of righteousness or right-standing with God, in the new birth, we also gain the faith of God through Jesus!
“to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ”—2 Peter 1:1
Many Christians will talk about receiving the Spirit of God, among other things, but the receiving of faith…not so much! Oh, they may say they have faith but what they are really saying is they believe in God. The belief in God and to believe and accept Jesus as Lord is just one step to living for and serving God whole-heartedly and developing a living, breathing, mountain-moving, life of faith.
In an earlier post we learned that “Serving God Gives You Peace,” and that peace in Hebrew is Shalom and it suggests: being whole, full, complete, not fragmented, and made perfect. One area of our Christian experience and walk that we really need to be whole, full, complete, not fragmented, and made perfect is our faith. The Bible tells us in Jude 20: “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.” We absolutely must build ourselves by building our faith. And that faith is facilitated in our daily lives.
“The just shall live by faith.”—Romans 1:17
Every step a Believer take in their walk with God should be another building block that further establishes our life of faith. Many may talk about “having faith” or “living by faith” but not in the power that God intended it to be in our lives. Because that faith has to be established day by day as we serve our Lord.
To establish, according to the dictionary, is: to found, institute, build, or bring into being on a firm or stable basis; to show to be valid or true.
“…Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.”—Galatians 2:20 (Message)
When we make Christ our life and central focus, things turn from the external to the internal. No more of our looking out to Him as being somewhere we have to reach to, but rather to Him actually living inside of us with all of His power, grace and faith—enabling us to rise above the circumstances of life.
Allowing the faith of Christ to be established within us should carry certain evidence:
- Faith’s Conviction – this is where we walk in the certainty of the realization of God in our lives; as well as daily acknowledging of the revelation of His truth in the Word and in our lives. “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;”—Romans 4:20
- Faith’s Surrender – this is where we simply say “not our will, but Yours Lord.” We see this example given by Jesus in the Garden, when He made the decision to surrender. This decision is a decision to receive His way as our own; “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”—John 1:12
- Faith’s Conduct – this is where we exhibit the evidence of the decision to surrender. In other words, we begin to live by the faith that Jesus carries on the inside of us. It does not come from the external it comes as a part of the package when we make the decision to allow the Lord to live in us and through us; for “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”—2 Corinthians 5:17
Yes, my friend, serving God does have benefits and one of them is it establishes our faith. This is not a one-time thing; it is a day-by-day, minute-by-minute, surrender to His Will and trusting in His Sovereignty!
©2012 Faith1st Ministries
- Devoted to God (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
- Righteousness by Faith (gospelbondservant.com)
- Challengiing Yourself, 5 Ways to Get Started (davidsbodytemple.wordpress.com)
- Living the Surrendered Life (Day 10) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Are You Lost? (ising4god.com)
- Faith, Hope and Love – Jihad Terrorist Can Be Saved! (keyword-power.com)
- Q84 “how do I please God ?” (ptl2010.com)
- If You Can Believe! (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- If This Doesn’t Compel You, What Virtuous Act Would? (godsbreath.wordpress.com)