Forgetting the Past…Trusting God for the Future

(18) Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. (19) Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.—Isaiah 43:18-19 (KJV)

Have you ever felt like God was leading you into a new assignment or territory but the memory of the past kept creeping up in your head?

Of course it is natural to remember the past, but natural things, (our nature), has the ability to keep us tied to our past and prohibit us from moving forward into that greater thing God has for us.

Consider for a moment that you have met that special someone who you have asked God to send your way but you have difficulty accepting that this is the one because of memories of a bad experience in a previous relationship. These memories can keep you from the joy of sharing your life with someone very special and cause you to miss the gift that God has sent your way.

What if you had been unsuccessful in business or ministry? Would you allow the experiences of the past keep you from launching out again to give it another try? Refusing to try again could be disastrous to all of the possibility that the Lord has placed within you.

Therefore, forget those things that are holding you back and make a conscious choice to allow God to lead you into His will for your life!

Confess this: I am a believer, and not a doubter; I trust God with all of my life; therefore, I will no longer hold on to that which holds me back—I’m going forward!

My friend, let’s not spend our time looking back on things that will hold us back and let’s set our sights on the things that God has for us and has called us to do!

There is more to follow on this topic…look for part 2.

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Word of Encouragement
24 comments on “Forgetting the Past…Trusting God for the Future
  1. Reblogged this on moneywisdomandfaith and commented:
    Love it! Great way to change your thinking and outlook for a new year! New beginnings! New decisions! New paths to walk! New joys to discover! It only happens when you are looking forward and not backward!

Thank you for re-blogging this post! After getting the notice that you re-blogged it, I went back and re-read it and re-posted it myself! Thank you for contributing to the ministry of the Word! Blessings!

2. […] Forgetting the Past…Trusting God for the Future (faith1stministries.com) 40.812068 -73.909864 Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in The Great Tribulation is Coming and tagged Churches of God, Move Stand Still When Jesus say. Bookmark the permalink. […]

3. Caddo Veil says:

I really, really appreciate this word, Brother. And you hit on the one area that trips me up–the possibility of a special relationship. There isn’t one on the horizon, but I’m constantly reminding God that “I’m no good at relationships”–just in case He was thinking I need somebody. I probably do–but I’ve put the fence up high and solid. And specific additional word for me? God bless you abundantly today, and always–sis Caddo

Hello my sister! I’m always honored to know that the Word I’ve shared has reached and touched someone because I desire that people receive what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to them. May God’s best be yours…in EVERY way! –Sebastian

4. Lady Deidre says:

Awesome post, Sebastian. Very wise!
    God Bless You!

5. Sebastian says:

Hi Pat! You are welcome! God does not think or move the way we would but He is effective and only acts for our good! Anyway, free is free, walk in that freedom and praise Him all the way! Love you too my sister! –Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,this is a very good post,I tell ya I was having problems letting go of a relationship that was not good for me.I had been praying for God to set me free,but LOL he sure did not do it the way I wanted LOL!! God’s ways are soooooooo far from what we would chose,but I am grateful now and free to move forward.
    Love you brother 😀

7. Loved the Blog….that Scripture was given to me several years ago by my Pastor’s wife… and I believe It was a reminder to me today that NOW is the new thing!!!

Hello…thank you for reading and commenting on this post! Yes it is a wonderful passage and one that I believe is speaking loudly today! God bless! –Sebastian

8. Tammy Link says:

This was me yesterday…thanks! This really spoke to me.

9. Brian Hurley says:

Find myself in just this position in ministry. Moving on to something new…not sure what that is…excited to find out. Thanks for the reminder. God bless.

You are welcome my brother! I believe that many ministers are in this position and that is where trust comes into play. We must place absolute faith in His will for us at all times! God bless, I will continue to remember you in my prayers! May God’s strength and guidance be with you always! –Sebastian

10. Reblogged this on Hodgepodge 4 the Soul and commented:
    A WORD spoken in season…

11. alwayzhis says:

(loud shout) AMEN!! I have seen this is someone who is very dear to me, and it has kept her in bondage to the past. I always say to her, “If God wanted us to be looking at the past, He would have given us eyes in the back of our heads too”. I thank God for His tenderness with Her…she is now able to move forward, trusting God.
    Many blessings Sebastian..I have missed your postings brother!
    ~streim~

12. Religion4All says:

Thank you for that … words I needed today :-).