Be Strong in the Lord

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.Ephesians 6:10 (KJV)

Note: This is a re-post of His Strength is My Strength with a new title and some additional thoughts throughout the post.

(15)For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in the time of need.—Hebrews 4:15-16 (KJV)

Times are tough, in many aspects, for far too many people. But there is hope for everyone that is trying to stand and be strong—for everyone that is trying to hold on—despite adverse circumstances and situations. Regardless of the circumstances you may be under at the moment, God knows exactly where you are and what you feel. Furthermore, He has provided a way out already! We just have to come to Him and trust Him.

Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him downIsaiah 53:4 (New Living Translation)

Jesus’ sacrifice was not just so we can go to heaven. Every stripe He took and every pain he felt was for our advantage in this life and the next. Whenever you or I go through any sickness, pain, disappointment, or setback, we can call upon the strength and overcoming power of God to help us withstand or overcome whatever we go through. It is the desire of the enemy that we fold up under the pressure of our circumstances and quit. But things are never as bad as they appear; that is why we have to trust God and His Word as truth.

But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ.1 Corinthians 15:57 (Amplified)

This is significant because, life has conditioned us to just ‘take it;’ but God teaches us in His Word that we are overcomers. In other words, we have the victory through Him—ALWAYS! We are able to withstand the heat of life. We can absolutely face every circumstance or problem with the assurance that we have the power of God on our side. It is His power that no foe can ever defeat!

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]John 16:33 (Amplified)

My friend take heart—regardless of what you may be facing, because the love of God has provided strength to help you—not only face it but also to overcome it. We are overcomers! This excites me, because it tells me that we have an answer right here, right now—we just have to accept it as truth. Jesus said, “(31)…if ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; (32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”—John 8:31-32. God’s Word is truth but truth left in the Bible or truth not applied to our lives does us no good.

With an understanding of this, marriages can be saved, bodies healed, finances moved from poverty and debt to financial independence, and habits and dependencies broken. I know that is saying a lot, but we serve a BIG GOD who can do BIG things!

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. Ephesians 3:20 (Message)

Our responsibility in this is to believe and trust in the truth of God’s Word. This is important because it is through His Word that we discover who we are and everything that belongs to us as His children. The promises of God that are found in the Bible are for every believer, but they must be believed and accepted on a personal level. It is the same as if you have been left a large inheritance that’s sitting in an account for you. If you don’t make a demand for that money, it will not benefit you at all. Read the Word, trust the truth that is in it and apply that truth daily to your life—it will make a difference!

I understand this is tough for some to believe because it has not been taught as truth. Well, let me tell you that truth is truth…whether it is taught or not! Just teaching or preaching from the Bible will not make the hearer victorious. Truth must be taught and received for it to have any effect in our lives. And when it is, a person can go from be a sinner to a saint, a victim to a victorious overcomer in Christ!

Remember to be strong in the truth of God’s Word!

Then Jesus turned to the Jews who had claimed to believe in him. “If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure. Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you.—John 8:31-32 (Message)

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Word of Encouragement, Word of Faith
33 comments on “Be Strong in the Lord
  1. Dear Precious servants of God , Saints of the Most High, lovers of God, followers of Christ, slaves of the Gospel. To all of you who confess Christ before men in word and Good deeds. Grace and peace to you from God our Father and Christ our Lord. Am pastor alfred juma and founder of church of christ with everlasting gospel ministry kenya and we are an interdenominational faith based ministry. We praise the Lord for giving you and us great opportunities to preach the Gospel freely and for opening the hearts of His people. We are pleased and honored to let you know that your nurturing and nourishing website was a seed planted in our hearts and it will grow and bring forth much fruit when you will allow us to be part of the wonderful work you are doing so that together we can fulfill the will of God lifting up the veil from the eyes of His people, for them to see Christ in their lives, that together we might bring Him glory and honor and faithfully build His Kingdom. We dedicate you and your work into the hands of God. If God provides the opportunity we beseech you to visit us here in Kenya and and share with us in uplifting the work children in our village.We are based in Kenya kitale , and we shall be encouraged as you reply and share with us. We anticipate hearing from you soon. A ministry well done by His faithful servants brings GLORY to Christ. We love to kindly request for prayers and finances for the needs of the orphaned children that we care for especially for food, water, clothes, shelter and etc. May the lord bless you abudantly, Our web is http://www.churchofchrist-weg.org Yours in christ , pastor alfred

Blessings Pastor Alfred!

It is so good to hear from you! I am thankful and blessed that the Lord has connected us and I look forward to great things as we move forward in His will! Look for an email from me very soon! Blessings to you and the work you are doing in Kenya! –Sebastian

2. Lyn Leahz says:

Love this one too!

3. Lyn Leahz says:

Be Strong In The Lord!

4. Ron says:

Sebastian loved it when you said that Jesus didnt go to the cross just to get us to heaven. Lot leave it there and dont go any further ,thanks for going beyond that , loved The Message “Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will set you free ”

regards
    Ron

Hello Ron! I’m glad you enjoyed this post! We as believers are the living, breathing expression of Christ here on earth and we have work to do! God bless!

Sebastian

5. brothertripp says:

This is a great message! We need to be reminded that we are not alone and to not give up. It is so easy when we get those bills coming in and trying to figure out how to pay it or your girl has run off with another guy and your whole world may have been built around this person. It is good that we have a way to turn and look into what God has to say and help us through our struggles.

God Bless you Sebastion

Hello brother! Thank you for reading, enjoying and commenting on this post! I really appreciate it, please share it if you like! May God’s best be yours!

Sebastian

6. Carla says:

Encouraging read, thank you

7. Freedomborn says:

What a Wonderful Message of Hope, to know in our hearts that what God has planned for us is very very good, is very uplifting, God is Love and as you shared Sebastian, He Loves us greatly, man may let us down and hurt us, or abandon us but God never will.

Do we know God as He is or as man has told us in their own understanding, this Scripture 1Corinthians 2:9-16 and the ones below have brought great Joy and assurance to me and I know without a doubt my Abba Father is constantly with me and will be for Eternity and I know He is Love100% and can do no evil.

Lamentations 3: 33 For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.”

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Psalm 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made Heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Christian Love and Blessings from both of us and Thank you again – Anne

Thank you my sister, I am happy you enjoyed this post and thank you for the input as well. I really enjoyed the scriptures you shared. I believe the Word of God should be our foundation of hope and strength. Our Lord has not held anything back from His children and we can absolutely face and overcome anything if we trust in Him and the truth of His Word! God bless you both!

Sebastian

Reblogged this on Pat's Letters God Inspired and commented:
    I praise God for brothers and sisters who understand what pressure can cause,we don’t need friends like Job had during hard times,no we need patience and compassion.I was so very depressed and I felt I could not share with anyone,because what seems minimal to you,was huge to me. Sebastian did a wonderful job! Thanks again Sebastian.

Hey Sebastian,I tell ya this is a good and wonderful word here!! God just brought me through a time of deep depression where I was truly on the verge of giving up.God came to my rescue just in time,I mean it was so bad I wanted to die. So Christians still don’t understand our we can get so distraught but it happen to the saints of old also.Thanks for sharing this good word and I am sharing it also.
    Love you brother 😀

10. […] Be Strong in the Lord (faith1stministries.com) Share this:ShareEmailPrintDiggLinkedInRedditStumbleUponFacebookTwitterLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post.   […]

11. Lady Deidre says:

Amen! Great Post, Sebastian!
    God Bless You!

12. marvaseaton says:

We all need to have faith and believe even when everything look hopeless because you rightly say there is hope for everyone!

13. Great work & Word. Thanks.

14. […] Be Strong in the Lord (faith1stministries.com) […]

15. That’s is a powerful sermon Sebastian. Indeed life has conditioned us to take it or leave…but we have to be overcomers.

16. Debbie says:

Thank you for the great encouragement in this! God bless you! It reminded me of this song by Jeremy Camp . . .