The Devil is a Liar!

…He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.—John 8:44 (New Living Translation)

I am writing this with a heavy heart but with a bit of indignation as well. There are many Christians that are experiencing a tremendous amount of pressure in their lives. Some are experiencing grief, for others it may be financial concerns or even marital and family issues. There are others that are experiencing any combination of these—if not all of them and more! But I am here to tell them and you that the Devil is a LIAR!!!!!

Do not believe him for one moment! It is not all over, nor are you down for the count! God has not forgotten nor forsaken you! The voices you are hearing in your head that’s saying this is the worse it has ever been, it is not going to get better, God has forsaken you, and it is better if you were dead—is all LIES! We serve a God that delivers, just TRUST HIM!

Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread.Psalm 37:25 (NLT)

Neither you nor I have ever been “abandoned” by God…nor will we ever be! The devil is a liar! God is the Father of every one that has accepted His gift of grace…called Salvation. He is a Father that cares for His children…

• TRUST HIM, for all of your needs—He will supply them; (Philippians 4:19)
  • TRUST HIM, to deliver you from every trial you face—He knows how to do it; (2 Peter 2:9)
  • TRUST HIM, to give you peace that makes no sense—He WILL DO IT! (Philippians 4:7)

My friend, do not fall prey to the deceit of the enemy of your soul, for he is a liar and the source of all lies! But our God is TRUTH!

• He saves;
  • He heals;
  • He delivers;
  • He comforts;
  • He guides;
  • He strengthens and,
  • He gives peace;

Do not be deceived—God loves and cares for you!

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Current Events, Devotional, Faith, Word of Encouragement, Word of Faith
44 comments on “The Devil is a Liar!
  1. Wanda says:

Found great encouragement as I read this. A very on time word.

2. The Bible says in Matt 18: 19 That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven..for where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them. Thank you Sebastian that we can come and agree with you….THE DEVIL IS A LIAR….. The church and unbelievers alike need to know this…keep up the wonderful blog….

Hello…thank you for this wonderful response to this post! You are so right on the quote and let’s continue to take this stand for it is a fact for all eternity! THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!!!! God bless you!

3. So wonderful, true, and encouraging! Thank you! 🙂

4. Ann says:

Hi Sebastian

Word received!

Thank you for sharing… The Devil IS A LIAR!

Blessings,
    ann

5. Anonymous says:

Thanks Sebastian. So good to meet you and thanks for reading my blog! I plan to follow yours too! We were just talking about this VERY THING tonight at my ladies bible study group that I attend. We are reading John Eldredge’s book “Waking the Dead” and our entire chapter tonight was about fighting the battle with our enemy. And as you know, we are guaranteed a fight! May continued blessings be yours in your ministry!

6. suri says:

Brother,
    Thank you for this post, it was just what I needed right now!

By the way, I came here because you visited and followed my blog flowingdesign.wordpress.com, Thanks for stopping by and maybe you would like to see my christian blog alittleofjesus.wordpress.com

He IS!
    /suri

Hello Suri! You’re welcome…I am happy it reached you! Thank you for reading, liking and following my blog…I appreciate it! I’ve checked out both of your blogs and look forward to reading more of your posts. May the Lord continue to bless you!

Sebastian

7. amaben12 says:

The devil is a liar, and to know that he is is a great weapon against him. His end is filled with darkness, but for us there is everlasting joy in our savior.

8. wsforchrist says:

WOW! Fantastic blog! I can’t wait to follow!. I had almost forgotten about the devil! Thanks for the reminder. He is insidious.

9. writinggomer says:

Great post with wonderful encouragement!

10. Jackie Paulson says:

Sebastian, I am a christian even if my blog does not show it so much. I wanted to thank you for coming by and visiting my blog today. I try to bless others any way I can. Your follower and Christ’s Servant, Jackie paulson

Hi Jackie! I appreciate you and your service of our Lord! You don’t have to be waving a “Christian” banner to be a living “light” for our Lord. May His Best be yours! –Sebastian

11. ansuyo says:

Satan is very good at it too. Praying now for a family member contemplating suicide. I can tell him this forever, but he has to accept it. I hate how the enemy deceives!!

Standing with you against this spirit! Father, for this one and every one that is wrestling with this foul spirit, I bind it in the name of Jesus and declare that they have the heart to turn to you to be delivered…in Jesus’ name…thank you! Amen!

Please keep me posted by email. God bless!

12. […] The Devil is a Liar! (faith1stministries.com) […]

13. terry1954 says:

thank you so much Sebastian. I needed your post at this exact time, just to reassure me. today has been a little rough, so i say thank you

You’re so welcome! I pray that the peace of God wraps you and gives you the comfort that comes only from Him. I bind anything that comes to break that peace! May God bless and keep you!

14. Debbie says:

Our lives are bombarded by lies each and every day. Thank you soooo much for giving us the truth of Jesus here and His promises to hold on to! Let’s kick those lies to the curb! God bless you and uphold you today!

15. alwayzhis says:

As long as we are “alive in Christ…” we are never down for the count! There has always been struggle for the true believers, because the enemy of our souls does NOT want us to continue in the ways of the Lord…but, “we are more than conquerors who Him that loved us” Romans 8:37. And our Father and Lord Jesus Christ are ever with in every situation as Paul wrote “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned , in whatsoever state I am , therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased , and I know how to abound : every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry , both to abound and to suffer need . I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.” Philippians 4:11-13
    Good post and a great reminder! Thank yoou

16. Great post, Sebastian. While reading it, I couldn’t help but sing a song in my heart, “…I went to the enemy’s camp, and I took back what he stole from…” 😀

17. Very comforting words, and filled with power. We are human and the devil knows that. He will attack us and we need to hold on to the Lord in those moments and know that he is fighting the fight for us. I think sometimes we can be guilty of phariseeism, and look down on those who slip and fall, whose walk isn’t as strong as ours and be judgemental. Even Peter slipped and failed, as did David, Solomon, and many others in the Bible…but at their lowest they grabbed onto the hand of the Lord and let Him lead them back up to the path. He did not fail them and he will not fail us. In the same way we must not be judgemental of those who slip and fall, or who struggle. We should not be a stubbling block to our fellow Christians, but follow the example of the Savior and reach out a hand of encouragement and love to help them back onto the path.

18. Freedomborn says:

Hi Sebastian, I agree we can have every confidence in the faithfulness of God to conform us into His Son, Jesus Christ, even the lost sheep, the Prodigal son, the fallen woman, the sinner behind closed doors etc, all those who have fallen into sin and backslidden. By His forknowelage He predestined us even before we were conceived because He knew we would come to heart repentance and by doing so accept the free gift of Salvation in Jesus Christ who died for us sinners, yes us, so we would not be punished and so would be set free from the bondage and slavery of sin and no temptation will be greater then we can bear.

John 8:34-36 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

When our flesh has been put to death and we are tried and Born again of God’s seed, having the mind of Christ we will not choose to sin, what God has started He will finish and the Devil cannot have the victory, nothing will separate us from God’s Love, but even if people claim to be Christians, if they reject Christ and fall away denying Him, they were never God’s redeemed Child in the first place and their actions and words will show it and they will never come to heart repentance but continue to sin and hurt God, others, and themselves and then blame God for the evil consequences they suffer.

Thank you Sebastian for highlighting the danger of believing the Devils lies, it may sound all right to some to say we can continue to sin till we die because we are forgiven but the Scriptures don’t confirm it.

1 John 3: 1-11 ( 9 ) No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Christian Love from us both – Anne.

19. Brother, you are so right in saying, “The Devil is a LIAR!!!!!” As I teach sales people that the ONLY way for them to put the positive “stuff” into their minds that will help them be successful is to read and listen to positive books and cd’s I also teach my brothers and sisters of Christ that they MUST put the Word of God in their minds to bury the lies of Satan!!! The ONLY way to get rid of the junk in our minds is to REPLACE that junk with GOOD!