Faith: A Love Story

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 (KJV)

Most of us have heard this verse throughout our lives. Some have heard it preached in church, some at home, or in many other places…including seeing it on signs at sporting events. But have you ever taken notice of the power within this verse of scripture? It speaks of God, His Son (Jesus), the world (or those within it), believers in Him, and their quality—not length—of life.

When this verse is often heard, it gives the impression of God wanting everyone to go to heaven. But why is this? Is it not because this verse, or some variation of it, has been preached or taught that way? Many Christians have the opinion that the purpose of the sacrifice of Jesus was just so we can go to heaven as an eternal destination. However, when this verse is read, it talks about the love of God for everyone…and that love has a purpose!

I believe the Bible as a whole, teaches us about God’s love for us and His willingness to see us live a life of victory and not defeat. That victory includes both our natural and spiritual lives. In the spiritual, it is clear that God wanted us to come to Him and live with and for Him eternally, where He will be our God (Genesis 17:8).

This is important because God never intended to be separated from us. In the Garden, sin drove man from the presence of God and limited His power in our lives. Jesus was sent to “bridge” the gap…so to speak…to do for us what we could not do for ourselves. He, through the shedding of His blood, redeemed (or bought), us back to God (Galatians 3:13). The scriptures teach also that, God loved us so much that, while we were still lost in sin…and would have stayed that way…Christ gave his life for us (Romans 5:8).

This sacrifice was given as a gift and aided in the life we live daily by faith in that sacrifice. Our belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection gives us power to be saved or delivered, by faith, from all of the ills brought upon this earth and humanity by the stain of sin. Strong statement, I know, but which would you rather believe…that all things are possible through faith in God (Matthew 19:26 & Luke 1:37), or some things are left to chance?

I don’t believe God left anything to chance—so why should we. The Bible teaches us that all things are held up “by the word of His power—(Hebrews 1:3) and it also teaches that because we are “crucified with Christ”, he lives within us and this life we are living here on earth is lived by our faith in Jesus’ obedient sacrifice through the love of God (Galatians 2:20)!

What does this all mean? Simply, God loved us so much that He gave His all to cure us from the dreadful disease of sin! If He would provide for us the sin cure, then why wouldn’t He also with that provide the cure for everything else that ails us (sickness, poverty, lack, relationship trouble, etc.,)…love covers all!

Read Romans 8:32…

Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?—(New Living Translation)

He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?—(Amplified)

If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us?—(The Message)

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?—(King James Version)

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Word of Faith
30 comments on “Faith: A Love Story
  1. Hi Sebastian,

Just checking in my brother. I pray all is well with you and your family.

The battle is not given to the swift nor the strong, but to those who endure to the end.

GOD BLESS AND DO REMEMBER TO TELL THE LORD THANK YOU!

Your sister in Christ!

Debra

2. Good News Devotions says:

Thanks Sebastian for sharing this great post… Blessings.. Bro Pat.

3. P.S. Your words touched me. Thank you for allowing God to use you this way. Blessings!

4. Amen, brother! It blows me away that such an awesome God would even notice my sad existence much less go to such great lengths to make a way for me to draw near to Him! As a woman with “a past” I feel I experience(d) forgiveness differently than some folks do….not that anybody is ‘better than someone else’ etc….I simply feel I have so much more to appreciate because He had to reach way down in a black pit to save me from my gargantuous mass of black sin, self-loathing as a result of sexual abuse and all the wicked things I did to try to self-medicate and rid myself of the overwhelming belief that I was better off dead. He pulled me out of 2 attempted suicides, the last one in August 2011. I have experienced God in such a surreal euphoric exciting fashion since that time. I can’t believe He still wants me after I tried to destroy His Temple (my body). Cece Winans expresses it best in her song “Alabaster Box”…..I’m overwhelmed with Him.

Hello! Isn’t our God great and wonderful! He did not leave us without a hope but provided a way that whenever we would look to him–no matter the depth of sin–we could be delivered and set free! What great Love He has for us!!!! Bless you in all your endeavors for Him. — Sebastian

5. […] Faith: A Love Story (faith1stministries.com) […]

Hello…thank you for placing a link to my post: “Faith: A Love Story” on your blog. I so appreciate your kindness and my God continue to bless you and yours as you serve Him!

6. Freedomborn says:

Thank you Sebastian that was a wonderful message, God’s Love is Awesome and you have shared the essense of it, the fragerance, the beauty of it so well.

What does this all mean? Simply, God Loved us so much that He gave His all to cure us from the dreadful disease of sin! If He would provide for us the sin cure, then why wouldn’t He also with that provide the cure for everything else that ails us (sickness, poverty, lack, relationship trouble, etc.,)…Love covers all!

Power words, wonderful words of Hope, we have indeed been set free from the slavery of sin and as you shared we can walk in victory in every part of our lives.

Thank you and God bless you greatly – Christian Love Anne.

Hello Anne! I am always encouraged and blessed by you when you stop by, read and comments on my posts. Thank you for being such a blessing to me and the Body. May God continue to bless you in your life and ministry!

7. Great post! Thank God for love. God has covered us in every way possible, He has provided our every need, and that includes the cure to all those things you listed. Sadly, we hold ourselves back from His gift to us with lack of faith. And as the Bible says, “we suffer due to lack of knowledge” as well. That’s my two cents anyway.

Hello and thank you for your comment…your “two cents” is worth much here! You are so right about God’s provision and our lack of appropriating it. It is my desire to call attention to this failure to receive God’s gift to us. Thank you again and blessings to you!

8. pbus1 says:

Thank you Sebastian! Truly, the Word of God is the greatest love story ever, cover to cover! God bless you!

Paulette

9. Great post! God’s love! I love this!

10. Debbie says:

Thank you for encouraging us in Him! God bless you!

11. scythewieldor says:

To me, the statement that God loved the world refers to the kosmos as He set it up in the beginning. It was good, then, and God had daily walks with Adam.
    (I like to think those walks were friendly times as when the Lord came to get Abraham’s input concerning Sodom and Gomorrha.)
    After the fall of Adam, corruption marred the face of God’s creation with Satanic arrangements that tended towards the destruction of the earth.
    God’s faith was that His Word, as the son of Adam, would show men how to run earth according to His will, and redeem a family to carry out His purpose.

12. Lady Deidre says:

Empowering Message, Sebastian! Enjoyed!
    God Bless You!

13. isaiah43123 says:

Thanks for putting new light on a familiar verse. Providing the best quality of life possible is a major focus in healthcare. Obviously, it is the focus of our Savior, too.
    Keep the Faith!