No Need to Fail

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.Luke 22:31-32

Just recently, I was on a phone call when the scripture above rose up within my spirit. It seemed to say to me that although we may go through circumstances in which we may stumble or even fall—remember that Jesus prayed and has given His life that our faith does not fail!

Every day, we have opportunities to give up on our faith in God. But no matter how frustrating your situation may be…please do not look at the circumstances of your situation. The Lord God is our provider in every situation. He will help us when we don’t want to help ourselves!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.—Psalm 23:4

Regardless of the darkness of the time, our God is always with us. He will never leave or forsake us, and when we lack the strength to continue—it is He that carries us through!

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Faith, Word of Faith
19 comments on “No Need to Fail
  1. ron says:

Thank you Sebastian ,you timely reminds us ,that God is our Provider in any situation. How often do we forget and think it`s all up to us.
    blessings
    Ron

2. pbus1 says:

Hi Sebastian,

During those times when Satan would desire to sift us as wheat, I’m so glad the Lord prayed, that our faith would fail not! Faith is believing what we don’t see, until God brings it to pass! Praise God! I’m encouraged to walk with Jesus, yes I am! Thank you so much for this encouraging word! God bless you!

Paulette

You’re welcome Paulette! It is our faith that, when exercised properly, will be the source to every promise of God. No wonder Jesus prayed for Peter’s faith and not just his strength. It is through that example that we learn how to live. When we go through tough times but hold on and excel by faith, we are not to wipe our brow and say “whew”, but we are to take that very experience and use it to help others that are going through the same our similar circumstances. Bless you my sister!

Sebastian

3. scythewieldor says:

Dear Sebastion,
    Just this Monday morning @ 0050 hrs., I was praying for myself, that my faith wouldn’t fail. It is probably to OK to pray for each other that way. That may be a way of exercising priesthood.

4. desirayl says:

Amen my my friend, Giving up is not an option for a Christian…God has prayed for us we just need to walk in the Spirit of GOD

5. isaiah43123 says:

This topic is the subject of many blogs this morning and has me pondering on my go to verse(s), Isaiah43:1-4. We may get ourselves in over our heads or between that rock and a hard place, but we will not flounder or come to a dead end. Our Creator is with us, ready to lead the way. We choose whether to take His leading hand.

You are so right! It is our choice, whether to follow His lead. Unfortunately, many of us seem to think we are out front! God never takes a back seat…we just choose not to follow! — Sebastian

6. Debbie says:

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I have felt Him carrying me lately. 🙂
    God bless you as you share Him and His hope with us all.

7. Sebastian says:

Hello Caddo! Isn’t it wonderful that we can trust Him to be there for us? The faithfulness of our Lord is immeasurable! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and respond to this post. Bless you and yours also! — Sebastian

8. Lady Deidre says:

Amen! Great Post, Sebastian!
    God Bless You!
    Dei

9. Caddo Veil says:

This is a great word, Sebastian. I can testify that I recently came through an 8-day struggle with the enemy trying to trip me up, make me crazy–but I was never the least concerned about losing my faith. Jesus was there every minute, fighting the battle that has already been won–until I could regain my balance and my JOY, claim Victory in HIM–and write a new poem to honor and thank HIM! It doesn’t get any better than that!! God bless you and your family, brother.

10. Reblogged this on In Love With The Lord and commented:
    This blessed me and I am sure it will bless you too!

11. Love this and needed a reminder. Totally reblogging this. It’s so easy to lose our focus during tough times. Our Lord and His love for us is amazing!

Hello Martha! You are right that we tend to lose focus during challenges but it is because of His love and mercy that we have a chance. Thank you for reblogging this post! Blessings to you!
      — Sebastian