God Has Plans for You!

It is in the Word that we discover who we are and God’s plan and purpose for our lives…

“I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. — Jeremiah 29:11(Message)

Do you feel empty, unfulfilled, dissatisfied, aimless, useless, taken advantage of, or like you are going nowhere? Well I have some good news! (1) You are not alone, and (2) God knows exactly where you are and has plans for your future!

Just think about that, God has plans for our future. I know we have plans of our own but are they what God has for us? Our plans may be grand and great—they may be to become the greatest, the richest, the most popular…you finish the rest. There are a lot of great people in this world. How many can say they have discovered God’s purpose for their life and is fulfilling it to the best of their abilities?

Many professionals, making a lot of money, are not doing what they were put on this earth to do! There are doctors that should be in another profession and so on! I was in a doctor’s office once and noticed among all of the medical degrees, internships, and fellowships that were on his wall, there was a degree in engineering from a major university. Curious, I asked him ‘what happened.’ He basically said that it took several years and a lot of money to discover that he was not supposed to be an engineer—so he went to medical school. I don’t know if being a doctor is his purpose, but he believes it is.

Think about how many people you know that ‘hate’ their jobs—maybe even you. If that is the case for you, believe me, there is somewhere God has for you that will not only make you happy but will satisfy you! Too often, in the case of work or a career, we are only looking for what pays the best. But the Lord wants what is best for us—so much so, that He has planned it all out!

Although, it is planned out…we must spend time with Him to discover His plans for us…those plans will not just fall from the sky! Sure, they may be far from our plans but His ways always are! Often, someone will come up with and execute their plan and expect God to bless it. He is not obligated to bless our mess!

Even in the area of the Christian ministry, I wonder how many are actually doing the thing they were called to do. For instance, are you preaching when you were called to sing, or singing when you should be preaching? Because it’s big does not mean it is what we were destined to do. True success is built on obedience to the will of God! There are many that took a different road than they should have and don’t even know it! We need to seek His face daily and be willing to change course—if necessary.

God’s plans are always best for us! His plan brings; peace, joy, stability, satisfaction, and provision. I have seen this manifest in my life on many occasions. I am constantly seeking to be in the center of His will for my life—to include writing a blog—and that is a sweet place!

My friend, let God direct your paths, He knows you and what is best for you—He never makes a mistake!

Have faith 1st!

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Word of Faith
11 comments on “God Has Plans for You!
  1. ron says:

Thanks Sebastian timely word for today ,He tells us ,”I know the plans I have for you ” and that`s so cool to realise that ,the great creator of the universe has plans for me ! my puny insignificant life ! So awesome !
    blessings Sebastian
    Ron

Hello Ron, my friend and brother! You are right, it is cool to know that God does have plans for us…He left nothing to chance. All we have to do is get with the program! Bless you my friend!

2. pbus1 says:

Thanks so much for the inspiration this morning Sebastian. I shared this post on twitter! May the Lord bless you real good! Have a great weekend! 🙂

Paulette

Hi Paulette…you’re welcome! I am happy that this post was inspirational to you and helped get your day started…thank you for sharing it on Twitter as well, I really appreciate it! Blessings to you!

3. Caddo Veil says:

It is Way exciting when you begin to come into God’s destiny for your life–I don’t know if publishing my writing, and blessing folks on my blog is just the beginning for me, or if it’s the whole enchilada–but I’ve never been happier or more content, both. Praise God for the gifts He gives and how He uses them. I’m sure glad you have a blog, so that we could be introduced here–if we’re not to meet in person before we go to Heaven!! Have a blessed day.

4. Guy Wolfe says:

This verse has become my mantra, and you posting it here is further confirmation for me that God has everything under control! I praise Him for using fellow believers like yourself to reach out to His faithful with encouragement and blessings. Thanks for the timely post :D.

Thank you for your response to this post! You know, a big part of our purpose–no matter where we are–is to bless and encourage one another! Thank you for doing your part!! Blessings to you as you follow His plans for you!

5. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.- Westminster Catechism

Our satisfaction in life doesn’t come from some job, it comes from the person of Jesus Christ. I think so many people fail to understand that it is not about the gifts we are given, it is about the One who gives the gifts. Paul learned contentment in all circumstances because it was not about that, but about God.

Hello Derek! You are so right and what a good quote! Because He does give us all things richly to enjoy (1 Tim. 6:17), I believe we are admonished to keep things in their proper place. We should receive that He has provided for us with joy and bless Him for it…whatever it is! Thank you for adding to this discussion. Love and blessings to you! — Sebastian

6. admin says:

Sebastian, it is so true that God has designed us for a special purpose. You have expressed it so well. This blog is definitely one of the things that God has ordained for you! Keep up the good work.