A Prayer for Your Family

(6)Pray for peace in Jerusalem. May all who love this city prosper. (7)O Jerusalem, may there be peace within your walls and prosperity in your palaces. (8)For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, “May you have peace.” (9)For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek what is best for you, O Jerusalem. – Psalm 122:6-9 (New Living Translation)

This is a short word I feel in my heart right now:

I am aware of the spiritual, historical, and other facts relating to Jerusalem but I’m not referring to that now. What I am referring to is the Jerusalem that is our household—our family!

Today, I pray for every family of everyone that will read this. It really does not matter when you may read it because prayer is spiritual and boundless. In the name of Jesus, I pray for (you can pray this also):

• Your peace of mind
  • The peace of your family
  • Peace within your home
  • The peace (wholeness) of your body
  • Peace within your finances
  • Peace between you and your spouse
  • Peace between you and your children
  • Peace between each of your children
  • Peace on your job
  • Peace, love, and safety in everything that concerns you. Amen.

Do not allow the spirit of confusion to block your blessing. Jesus came to redeem us back to the Father and to give us PEACE!

I have told you all this so that you will have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.—John 16:33 (New Living Translation)

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Family
32 comments on “A Prayer for Your Family
  1. […] A Prayer for Your Family (faith1stministries.wordpress.com) […]

2. Dave says:

Thank you, Sebastian, for following my blog. It started as a personal diary and connection to my family, and I am always a bit surprised but gratified when others find it of interest.

Acts 4:12.

Hello Dave and you’re welcome! I, like you, am surprised and very grateful for what the Lord is doing with this blog. Please check in as you care to and may His blessing be eternally yours! –Sebastian

3. willowdot21 says:

Thank you for writing this prayer , and thank you for dropping in to my blog you are always welcome! God bless us all.xx

4. ansuyo says:

Hello, I see you stopped by my blog (writing on both sides of the brain) and liked it. I am happy to find another Christian blogger as a result. Much to contemplate here. Angie

I have another at Do you mean what I know that has topics on Christianity and communication among other things. (I posted that because I’m not sure which one I signed in with:)

Thank you for your inspiration.

5. Debbie says:

You have me in tears with this . . .thank you. What a blessing you are and my how He is using you, right off the bat! God bless you and keep you and shine His face upon you and yours!

Hi Debbie…you’re welcome! I am happy that post reached you! We all need encouragement and strengthening from time to time. I am thankful that we found each other…I am looking forward to the fellowship! Blessings to you!

6. I thank God that there is no distance in prayer.
    Thank you so much for this prayer Sebastian,.

May His Peace be your portion.

God Bless

7. whenquiet says:

Hi Sebastian, God bless you brother for the Versatile Blogger Award! What fabulous news to receive after returning from therapy. May your blessings overflow!!! I want to salute you on this particular December 15th blog entry that I just read….It is so right on time concerning a few challenges within my family. Lessons I learned today filtered in through the spirits of perseverance and faith. .After my therapy in my doc’s office today, a bit woozed out and dizzy, I still found enough strength to walk 15 minutes to the hospital(10-15 ms) to visit a dear friend who had(female)surgery this morning. On the way, I passed a skinhead(he hissed at me) and I spoke the name, “Jesus!”. This man looked and kept trucking. There is power in the name of Jesus! Praise God!! My friend is doing fine. Last night we skyped together and recited the 23rd Psalm. So enpowering and uplifting. After our visit, I returned to the first floor and asked the nun(St. Elizabeth Hospital) if a chapel is available for prayer. She pointed in the direction. I entered the quaint, slightly darkened but warm chapel, removed my coat, kneeled on the knee stool in the first row, clasped my hands and closed my eyes. His Eye is on The Sparrow escaped my throat, as did Amazing Grace.. I uplifted the Lord’s name and praised him for the successful surgery of my friend, for the healing and stability of my family, and for the power he has given me to keep on keepin’ on…and then I thought of you….Thank you Sebastian for distance strengthening. Do not underestimate what your faith is accomplishing …God bless you!

Anna, Anna, Anna…your words and your strength encourages me! Don’t you underestimate the far-reaching effect you are having in the midst of trying circumstances! God is blessing you right now!

8. 237blessed says:

🙂 Congratulations, your blog has been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve been checking in on your blog from time to time and I decided it is very blessed and I will be continuing to follow it and your Spirit-filled messages.
    See my blog at http://237blessed.wordpress.com/ for further details about the
    Versatile Blogger Award. Be forever blessed.

Hello, thank you for this nomination! I am truly blessed to have you think of my blog as being worthy of this honor! I am still reeling from the 1st nomination I received this week and will respond to yours here shortly. May the Lord continue to bless you and shine his glory upon you! Thank you again!

9. admin says:

Congratulations Sebastian, you have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! Please see http://pureglory.net for the details of the award. Enjoy the well deserved honor!

Hi there all at Pure Glory! Thank you for this honor! As a relatively “new” blogger and with so many great bloggers out there, it is extremely humbling to have anyone think my contributions as worthy for nomination–I am so glad you did! May God continue to bless you and yours! Thank you again!

10. Amen! Truly needed to read this! God Bless You 🙂

Thank you and may the Lord bless you as well! Also, may you be showered with every need met by His riches in glory and held up by the strength of His love. I speak peace in your life entirely…in Jesus’ name!

11. Yvette says:

Amen! May the Lord return the blessing to you sevenfold!

12. Reshun Johnson says:

Yes daddy I do agree we need peace in these last and evil days.

13. Jill Weaver says:

I receive this blessing in Jesus name!

14. Hallelujah! I receive this blessing and prayer from you Sebastian; my brother in the Lord. As you have sent this out, I pray an increase back to you. Praise the Lord for those who will speak into the lives of the children of the great I AM.

May every step you take, word you speak and meditations in your heart be aligned with the Word of God. INCREASE INCREASE! I pray that you and your family are blessed with an abundance of wisdom, favor, knowledge, meekness and love from the Father who reigns above. Peace be unto you and strength be yours in the name of Jesus. Amen. Amen!

15. Lady Deidre says:

Amen! Great prayer post! Thank You!
    God Bless You & your family!

16. theWomanAtTheWell says:

May God bless you richly for this post as it spoke profound word today.