Remember Your Past Victories

David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. – 1 Sam 17:37 (KJV)

Recently, I was speaking with someone who, like many people today, is experiencing some tough times in their financial lives. While we spoke I was reminded of the scripture above and how easy it is to forget the last time we faced what seemed to be insurmountable odds. Because I know him personally, I tried to remind him that God has brought him through tough times before.

Have you ever thought you were at the end of your rope and God made a way? How about on more than one occasion? Have you ever been between the proverbial “rock and a hard place?” I’m speaking about having bills to pay and no money to pay them; or facing a report from the doctor that have them shaking their head.

It is these types of situations that make you forget anything that God has done. But it is these circumstances that should remind you that all is not lost because you have faced tough times before and survived. We serve a God that delivers!

David faced an enemy that was big and powerful but he looked back over his life and saw the delivering power of an almighty God. His tough times included facing lions and bears but each time God was with him and saw him through to victory.

In your past, you may have faced things that are tougher than what you are facing now—maybe not—but be assured of this one thing…the God that saw you through that difficulty, will see you through this one. This will, one day, be another victory you can look back on. Don’t quit and don’t ever give up because we serve an all-powerful God that is able to do the impossible.

As I reflect upon the conversation, I could hear faith—which is confidence in God and His Word—rising up in him and what started out as a depressing encounter turned into a testimony service…with the two of us testifying to the victories that God has saw us through and to the glory of God.

©2011 Faith1st Ministries

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Faith, Word of Faith
7 comments on “Remember Your Past Victories
  1. Sebastian says:

Hello Anne and thank you for stopping by. My heart is touched by your heartache and heartbreak BUT our God is a healer of brokeness! Do not fret, I believe God has an answer for you! We will be happy to correspond with you by all means available. I will be contacting you via email. Meanwhile, you will be in our prayers. May God strengthen you and keep you in his grace! — Sebastian

• Anne says:

Thank you Sebastian, it seems the e-mail address I gave you has stopped, this is my new one freedominlife@hush.com thanks for caring the road has been very rocky but God has not left my side, sometimes I’m amazed at His never ending Love for me, sometimes even in my tears my Joy overflows, I know that sounds strange but it’s like He holds me so close that the pain stops and the tears of grief turn to tears of Joy and we soar together and then I know I can go on and keep forgiving and keep Loving.

If you knew how evil I had been in my life you would understand more, God keept Loving me even though I kept hurting Him, can I do any less with my husband even if everyone thinks I’m a fool, some won’t even let me talk about our marriage anymore but perhaps their hurt I didn’t take their advice and don’t understand why I must be True to what God has put in my heart, it’s a Hope that just does not end and how can you just stop Loving someone even if others think you have lost it.

Thank you again Anne.

2. whenquiet says:

Sebastian, So far, as a result of catching up on your December blog, I feel like I am at a revival! Praise God!!

3. freedomborn says:

Thank you Sebastian your words brought comfort and encouraged me greatly and we know that God does not bring the storms to cause us to suffer but He knows they will come as Jesus warns but as He also tells us, in Him we will have the Victory, so that even if we have tears in our eyes we will have deep inner Joy and although this may be a time of grief for us times of rejoicing will come, as we keep our focus on The Lord and we can be assured He will work it all out for good.

Christian Blessings to you and your Loved ones and may the Beauty of Christmas past and the Joy of Christmas present, fill your heart with Love that overflows all year.

Christ- mas Love Anne.

Anne, thank you for the kind words of encouragement and blessings. I am happy you enjoyed my blog on “Remember Your Past Victories”. I have been unable to write anything recently but I will soon. I hope your Christmas holiday has been a great one.

4. Beacon Mount says:

Hey there,

I found your blog through a bounce-back on mine and just wanted to say–this is really top notch. I hope you don’t mind if I add you to my ‘blog roll’.

Whenever these situations come up in my own life, I simply remember that, despite the storms, “[Jesus] commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him,” (Luke 8:25). Even the roughest weather will not capsize us, so long as we have faith.

God bless.