God Uses Ordinary People

God Uses Ordinary People

We live in a world where being extraordinary is celebrated…in sports, in the home, at work, at school, and even in church. Everyone loves a celebrity! We love to see them, talk about them, be associated with them, and we even try to imitate them.

Have you ever tried to sing or dance like your favorite entertainer? Although not necessarily my favorite—I, like many of my generation, did my fair share of Elvis Presley impersonations. Many love to talk about who they have met…as if this makes us special also (someone I know calls this name-dropping).

However, when it comes to God—He’s not looking for the extraordinary or celebrity. It is being used by God that makes us special. It is His Word and power working within us, when we obey Him who moves us from being seemingly insignificant to making a difference in someone’s life.

The Bible is full of these people…people who dared to have faith in God against trying circumstances. In Hebrews chapter 11, starting with verse seven we see a whole list of people that had faith in God. None of whom, were of themselves special or extraordinary but the common thing among them were the willingness to trust God to aide them and see them through whatever they were facing.

This is our biblical example of what many of us have witnessed in our lifetime. In a world where it seems everywhere you look; there is a celebrity or someone with extraordinary gifting. But just as well, there are people all around that God is using to touch lives and make a difference. Now, this may not be covered on the nightly news program but that little–or much–can be the difference between life and death for someone.

Therefore, don’t ever consider yourself small or insignificant…it is not your bigness that God is looking for…it is your willingness to love, share, give, help, pray, stand, and yes have faith in a God that can do the extraordinary!

Have faith 1st.

©2011 Faith1st Ministries

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Devotional, Faith
19 comments on “God Uses Ordinary People
  1. Guy Wolfe says:

Beautiful post, Sebastian. And thanks very much for stopping by Holy Ghost Bumps! You are spot on. Too often we may miss an opportunity to minister to someone, offer a kind word in Christian love, or pray for someone who needs it because we feel inadequate. If He can use adulterers, murderers and thieves to share His word, I believe He can use you and me :D. Be blessed.

Oh, and I’ll have to visit your church next time I’m in the ATL…I live in the Valdosta area :D.

2. Caddo Veil says:

Brother Sebastian, this just blesses me SO much! Thank you! We love and serve an “extraordinary” God–so being His heirs, I’m guessing we have just a glimmer of that extraordinary-ness in our ordinary selves. The enemy kept me down for decades, convincing me I wasn’t good enough, whole enough, or “big” enough to do anything for God–well, seems he was mistaken (and the liar we know he is). I’ve been blessed since last August, to discover that my “little blog” is touching folks–and connecting me with wonderful sisters and brothers in the Lord. I’m very glad to meet you–thanks for following/subscribing to my blog–I will be back here to read more; but for the moment, let me say that I rejoice for the work you and your wife are doing. The body is so in need of healing–and saving marriages. As a wounded and divorced Christian woman, this is a sensitive area for me–but God does give beauty for ashes!

Thank you for reading, liking and responding to this post…nice to meet you! You have overcome your struggles for a reason and for such a time as this! I am glad He has brought us together here! Blessings to you!

3. Thank you, Sebastian, for this timely reminder. God bless you.

Hello…You are definitely welcome! Thank you for stopping by and following my blog, I look forward to a long and fruitful fellowship between us. May the Lord continue to bless you! — Sebastian

4. […] https://faith1stministries.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/god-uses-ordinary-people/ 0.000000 0.000000 Share this:MoreEmailStumbleUponPrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like4 bloggers like this post. […]

5. Amen Amen! This post is on point. I pray that many will see this and know that their greatest reward and treasures are found in Jesus. Getting caught up in celebrities and having the spotlight fades away for this too shall pass. I rather be rooted in Someone and a way of living that is righteous and pleasing to God.

People change in behavior and attitude like the waves in the ocean. God doesn’t change. To know that I can be used as a vessel to advance the kingdom of the Lord in some way will last much longer that the temporary fame and fortune of the extraordinary based upon the world’s standards.

We live and we learn. May we lean not to our own understanding and trust the Almighty to do great works in us and through us.

Blessings and prosperity to you in abundance

~ Terra
    Living Simply In Abundance

Thank you Terra! You said, “May we lean not to our own understanding and trust the Almighty to do great works in us and through us.” He promised “greater works” for us but we have to trust Him to do them through us. If we are doing them ourselves, it’s just flesh!

6. Love this! Thanks for checking out my blog. I can tell I’m going to like yours, too! Hanna

Hello Hanna…thank you for following my blog at Faith1st Ministry. I hope it has and will continue to be a major blessing in your life as you continue to write and blog. Please continue with us on this journey and remember to have Faith 1st.

7. whenquiet says:

Sebastian, I physically missed church today in Basel, but am being fed now by your words of faith.
    I have a friend in Atlanta(Creflo Dollar follower) who will be hearing about you from me. Thank you so much! God bless!

Yes I agree! I am so glad God lead me here,you surely do give us good encouragement and we sure do need this! Thanks
    Love you brother 😀

9. jessica says:

sebastian, you are awesome! loved it!! keep going, you and your family are always in my prayers 🙂

10. fireball3316 says:

i so love this! one of my most fav bible verses is 2 cor 4:7 – But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all- surpassing power is from God and not from us.

thanks so much for sharing! blessings, claire

Claire, thank you for viewing, reading, and responding…I’m happy you enjoyed the post. That scripture is one of my favorites as well. I wish God’s best for you as you serve Him…and keep checking in!